Office of the Registrar
Application for Graduation
In order to be considered for a degree, an application is required. Students may apply through CUNYFirst using the pull down menu in their student service center. For step by step instruction; click here. Students who have been previously denied or students who are trying to revise graduation date must submit the Application for Graduation .
Once the degree audit has been conducted, students will be notified only if there is a problem via Baruch webmail account. If the student has been denied for the requested graduation, he/she must file a new graduation application.
Degrees are conferred three times a year:
- February (Finishing in Fall semester of the prior year)
- June (Finishing in Spring semester of the same year)
- September (Finishing in Summer semester of the same year)
'Graduation' or 'Conferral of Degree' are synonymous. They refer to the date that the degree is awarded. 'Commencement' is the ceremony which is held once a year in early June. Attendance at commencement is not a guarantee of degree conferral. For information about commencement please check with Student Life (Newman Vertical Campus, Room 2-210) or visit Commencement @ Baruch.
Graduation Application Deadlines:
- February 2015 (finishing Fall 2014): October 31, 2014
- May 2015 (finishing Spring 2015): March 6, 2015
- September 2015 (finishing Summer 2015): March 6, 2015
- February 2016 (finishing Fall 2015): October 30, 2015
- Students who file their May and September 2015 graduation application by March 6th, 2015 will find their names in the commencement book.
- Students who graduated as of September 1, 2014 graduation but missed the March 8th, 2014 deadline will appear in the 2015 commencement book.”
- For information about the commencement ceremony please check with Student Life (Newman Vertical Campus, Room 2-210) or visit Commencement @ Baruch.
Graduate students must be enrolled or maintain matriculated status for the semester they intend to graduate.
Students must either be registered for courses being used towards the degree at Baruch College or pay the Maintenance of Matriculation fee.
Maintenance of Matriculation Fee (for Graduate students only):
$170.00 per semester
Non-Residents $280.00 per semester
No changes will be made to students' academic records after the degree has been awarded.
All degree requirements must be met before the date the degree is conferred. This includes:
- Resolution of incomplete/temporary grades (INC, ABS,WA)
- Grade change (Grades will not be changed after the degree is conferred)
- Submission of major project, thesis or comprehensive exams
- Permit and study abroad course grades (Official transcript from the host college must be submitted to the Baruch College, Registrar's Office. It is not recommended to go on permit or study abroad during your final semester; it may jeopardize your graduation.)
The diplomas for both Undergraduate and Graduate students are available approximately 4-6 weeks after the degree conferral date. Once ready for pick up, we will send you a letter to your address of record, instructing you on proper procedures for picking up your diploma. students who live inside the 5 boroughs of NY are required to come to campus to pick up your diplomas. In order for our notification to reach you, please be sure that we have on file the address where you expect to be receiving your mail during this time. Graduates who wish to change their address can fill out Address Change Form.
You may request to have your diploma mailed only if you reside outside the 5 boroughs of NYC. To have the diploma mailed to you, follow the instructions stated on the Request for Diploma to be Mailed Form. The letter must contain your name, date of birth, social security or ID number, a copy of your photo ID, and the complete mailing address to where you would like your diploma mailed.
Cancellation of Graduation:
Students who file for graduation during their final semester are not allowed to enroll in any courses for the semester after graduation. If students wish to take courses in the subsequent semester or wish to cancel their graduation application, they must come to the Registrar's Office to do so in person. At this point the students' record will be reactivated allowing registration for the subsequent semester (only if degree has not been awarded). Once the graduation application has been cancelled students must reapply for the graduation.