Skip to content

Office of the Registrar

Application for Graduation

In order to be considered for a degree, an application is required.  Students may apply through CUNYFirst using the pull down menu in their student service center. For step by step instruction; click here. Students who have been previously denied or students who are trying to revise graduation date must submit the Application for Graduation.

Once the degree audit has been conducted, students will be notified only if there is a problem via Baruch webmail account. If the student has been denied for the requested graduation, he/she must file a new graduation application.

Degrees are conferred three times a year:

  • December (Finishing in Fall semester of the prior year)
  • May (Finishing in Spring semester of the same year)
  • September (Finishing in Summer semester of the same year)

'Graduation' or 'Conferral of Degree' are synonymous. They refer to the date that the degree is awarded. 'Commencement' is the ceremony which is held once a year in early May or June. Attendance at commencement is not a guarantee of degree conferral. For information about commencement please check with Student Life (Newman Vertical Campus, Room 2-210) or visit Commencement @ Baruch.

Graduation Application Opening Dates and Deadlines:

  • Summer 2017 graduation: Closed on June 19, 2017
  • Fall 2017 graduation: Opens on August 24, 2017- closes on September 14, 2017

    Please note:

  1. Students who filed their May and September 2017 graduation application after March 1, 2017 will not find their names in the 2017 Commencement Book.
  2. Students who graduate as of September 1, 2017 or December 31, 2017 graduation will appear in the 2018 Commencement Book.
  3. For information about the commencement ceremony please check with Student Life (Newman Vertical Campus, Room 2-210) or visit Commencement @ Baruch.

Graduate students must be enrolled or maintain matriculated status for the semester they intend to graduate.

Students must either be registered for courses being used towards the degree at Baruch College or pay the Maintenance of Matriculation fee.

Maintenance of Matriculation Fee (for Graduate students only):

NYS Residents                                $210.00 per semester
Non-Residents                                $340.00 per semester

No changes will be made to students' academic records after the degree has been awarded.

All degree requirements must be met before the date the degree is conferred. This includes:

  • Resolution of incomplete/temporary grades (INC, ABS,WA)
  • Grade change (Grades will not be changed after the degree is conferred)
  • Submission of major project, thesis or comprehensive exams
  • Permit and study abroad course grades (Official transcript from the host college must be submitted to the Baruch College, Registrar's Office. It is not recommended to go on permit or study abroad during your final semester; it may jeopardize your graduation.)


The diplomas for both Undergraduate and Graduate students are available approximately 4-6 weeks after the degree conferral date.  Once ready for pick up, we will send you an email to your Baruch email account, instructing you on proper procedures for picking up your diploma. 

Graduates who wish to change their address can fill out Address Change Form.  You may request to have your diploma mailed only if you reside outside the 5 boroughs of NYC. To have the diploma mailed to you, follow the instructions stated on the Request for Diploma to be Mailed Form. The letter must contain your name, date of birth, social security or ID number, a copy of your photo ID, and the complete mailing address to where you would like your diploma mailed.  Diplomas mailed to addresses outside of the U.S. frequently takes several weeks to arrive from the date the Office of Registrar mails the diploma. It is strongly recommended that you authorize a proxy located in the New York City area to pick-up the diploma instead of international mailing, if at all possible.  The Office of the Registrar is not responsible for diplomas that are lost in the mail.

Cancellation of Graduation:

Students who file for graduation during their final semester are not allowed to enroll in any courses for the semester after graduation. Once you have met all degree requirements you must graduate and are not permitted to continue taking additional courses.  If you would like to take additional courses you must be admitted to a new degree program or enroll in courses as a non-degree seeking student.

If you need to change your expected date of graduation or are denied graduation you must submit a revised Application for Graduation at the Office of the Registrar. At this point the students' record will be reactivated allowing registration for the subsequent semester (only if degree requirements have not been met). Once the graduation application has been cancelled students must reapply for the graduation.