General Contact Information
Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
135 East 22nd Street, 7th Floor
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
From: Joe Albanese, Manager of Learning Spaces and Edwin Melendez, Director of Academic IT
Dear Faculty Member,
We hope you had an enjoyable summer and are now ready for another exciting year! To the new Faculty members, welcome to Baruch College - we wish you great success and fulfillment!
We at BCTC (Baruch Computing and Technology Center) have been busy this past summer upgrading the technology in many spaces throughout the campus. Please continue on for more information on these upgrades:
Over 70 of the learning spaces in this building have received a complete overhaul of our audio/video equipment. The rooms are now utilizing all digital technologies; the new systems will provide improved stability and a robust working environment. What this means for you is an upgrade over our old analog equipment when sharing content with your audience.
We have also upgraded the audio/video equipment’s user interface in a majority of the rooms. The upgrade brings a new touch-enabled user interface. To become familiar with the equipment ahead of time, a user guide has been posted on the Baruch Web Site, found here: TOUCH PANEL LECTERN FAQ. If you need further assistance or have any suggestions for improvement, please do not hesitate to contact us. If needed, you can schedule a one-to-one demonstration at the podium by a member of our staff by clicking the following link: SCHEDULE TUTORIAL. Any other questions or concerns, please contact the Help Desk and we will assist accordingly.
We have removed VCR’s in a majority of these classrooms. There are services on-campus to assist you with content that is stored on cassettes. If you are in need of assistance, please contact the Library for more information.
Internet access is available via wireless in all learning spaces in the Vertical Campus. Please note there will no longer be a network/Ethernet cable provided at the lecterns. For more information on our wireless services, please visit our new website: www.baruch.cuny.edu/bctc/wireless/
17 Lexington Ave
The 4 North lecture hall has also been upgraded to a touch panel interface/digital design as well as receiving a new projector and screen upgrade. The room functions the same as those within the Vertical Campus making for a consistent user experience throughout the campus. For room details, click HERE.
The Media Resources Group would also like to remind you of a few items to help make the teaching experience at Baruch College more successful for you and your colleagues. We ask that you take a moment to read through the tips below and follow them in order to ensure the equipment is used properly and fully functional for your class and those that follow.
- Please make sure you have your Network Username and Password ready to go. You will need this in order to log into the computer
- Please do not move the audio/visual equipment in the classroom. If you find the equipment needs to be moved, please contact the Help Desk. Moving the equipment can damage the cabling, equipment and could cause a risk/injury to yourself.
- If your room requires a key in order to unlock the equipment (TV Cart), please obtain a key for the entire semester from the Library Circulation Desk located on the 2nd floor of the Library Building.
- Upon completing your class, please make sure you log off the PC and turn off the TV or projector.
- Please return the wireless keyboard and mouse to the cabinet making sure to plug the mini USB cable into the wireless keyboard. This will ensure it is fully charged for the its next use
- Please secure and lock the audio visual cabinet prior to leaving the room
- Make sure you turn off all lights and secure the classroom upon your departure
- If you find equipment missing or damaged, please report it to the helpdesk immediately
- If you should find yourself needing technical assistance while in the classroom, please call the Help Desk at 646-312-1010 or on-campus at extension 1010. You may also e-mail the helpdesk during non-emergency times at email@example.com
Again, we ask that you follow the tips listed above in order to maintain a fully functional working environment. Locking the cabinet and securing the rooms will help prevent the loss of equipment.
Please note there are still rooms on campus that utilize the “Push Button” control panel (e.g., teaching labs), as well as the Projector Remote Controls (e.g., conference rooms). We will upgrade the remaining rooms as quickly as resources allow.
Below are links to online resources to assist with classroom information, questions, training and support requests. Information is always available and refreshed regularly, we encourage you to become familiar with the website and utilize the services offered.
BCTC Main Page:
Joe Albanese, Manager of Learning Spaces
Edwin Melendez, Director of Academic IT