General Contact Information
Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
135 East 22nd Street, 7th Floor
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
Welcome back! The members of the provost’s office hope that you have a wonderful semester.
Please keep in mind that:
- on Tuesday, February 9, classes will follow a Friday schedule
- on Friday, February 12, the college will be closed
- on Monday, February 15, the college will be closed
Significant features of the schedule for Spring 2016
The following appear along with others on the college’s academic calendar at
- January 29 (Friday): First day of classes
- February 9 (Tuesday): Classes Follow a Friday schedule
- February 12 (Friday): Lincoln's Birthday – the college is closed; no classes are scheduled
- February 15 (Monday): Presidents' Day – the college is closed; no classes are scheduled
- March 23 (Wednesday): Classes follow a Friday schedule
- March 25-27 (Friday-Sunday): No classes are scheduled
- March 28-April 2 (Monday-Saturday): Ethics Week 2016 (see 1/4/16 announcement here )
- April 11 (Monday): Last day for students to drop classes with the grade of “W”
- April 22-30 (Friday-Saturday): Spring recess; no classes scheduled
- May 19-20 (Thursday-Friday): Reading Days - no classes scheduled; no exams may be scheduled
- May 21(Saturday): Last day of classes (Note: the last Saturday class will follow the reading days.)
- May 22-28 (Sunday-Saturday): Final exam period; no finals may be administered outside this period
- May 29 (Sunday): End of Spring Term
- May 30 (Monday): Memorial Day - the college is closed
Religious and other holidays
Some students will observe some of the holidays listed below. (I have recorded only those listed by the City of New York at http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/alternate-side-parking.shtml.) Please take religious holidays into consideration in scheduling exams and assignments and permit those who observe the holiday an opportunity to make up any missed assignments or exams. Students are responsible for making up any missed work.
- February 8 (Monday): Asian Lunar New Year
- March 24 (Thursday): Purim (Jewish holiday) *
- March 24 (Thursday): Holy Thursday (Catholic holiday)
- May 5 (Thursday): Solemnity of the Ascension (Catholic holiday)
* Purim begins the night of March 23 ends at sundown on the 24th.
Associate Provost and Assistant Vice President
Baruch College, CUNY
646-660-6504 (phone); 646-660-6531 (fax)