General Contact Information
Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
135 East 22nd Street, 7th Floor
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Provost’s Office beginning June 2011, see http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/provost/archive.htm
Schedule of classes
Please make note of the following features of the schedule of classes this spring. (They appear along with others on the college’s academic calendar at http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/registrar/due_dates.htm#Sp13):
- January 28 (Monday): First day of classes for the spring 2013 semester
- February 12 (Tuesday): Lincoln’s Birthday observed – the college is closed; no classes are scheduled
- February 14 (Thursday): Classes will follow the Tuesday schedule
- February 18 (Monday): Presidents’ Day – the college is closed; no classes are scheduled
- February 20 (Wednesday): Classes will follow the Monday schedule
- March 25-April 2 (Monday-Tuesday): Spring recess; no classes are scheduled
- April 3 (Wednesday): Classes resume
- April 12 (Friday): Last day for students to withdraw with the grade of “W”
- May 16 (Thursday): Last day of classes (see below, May 15-16)
- May 17 (Friday): Reading Day
- May 18-24 (Saturday-Friday): Final Examinations – Day/Evening
- May 18-19 (Saturday-Sunday): Final Examinations – Weekend
Please note: final examinations may be administered only during the period scheduled for those examinations.
Some religious holidays
Some students will observe the religious holidays below—taken from those listed by the City of New York at http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/scrintro.shtml#2013. Please take these into consideration in scheduling exams and assignments. Students are responsible for making up any missed work; please permit those who observe the holiday an opportunity to make up any missed assignments or exams.
- February 24 (Sunday): Purim*
- March 29 (Friday): Good Friday
- May 3(Friday): Orthodox Good Friday
- May 15-16 (Wednesday-Thursday): Shavuot*
* Jewish holidays begin the night before the first date noted and end at sundown on the last date noted.