Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
From: David Christy, Provost and Senior Vice President
All full-time faculty members are required to file a Multiple Position Report every semester to comply with the provisions of the CUNY Statement of Policy on Multiple Positions, which requires the disclosure of information related to the performance of the duties beyond those of a full-time member of the faculty. Such duties may be performed within CUNY or outside of CUNY. Faculty members who fail to file this report, or who engage in willful false reporting of information, are subject to University penalties.
To comply with CUNY’s Multiple Position Policy, please observe the following procedure:
- All full-time faculty members must fill out the attached Report for the Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 semesters. Faculty members without additional duties are required to complete only Part A. Faculty members who perform additional duties either: (1) outside of Baruch College, but within the CUNY system; or (2) outside the CUNY system must complete Part B of the Multiple Position Report.
- Upon completion of the Report, please forward the Report to your Department Chair. If you are reporting additional duties, the Department Chair and the Department Personnel and Budget Committee will review and recommend appropriate action in Part C of the Report. The deadline to submit the Spring Report to the Department Chair is May 15, 2014.
- The Chair (or the Chair’s designee) will then forward your Multiple Position Report to the Dean’s Office for the Dean’s action as the President’s Designee.
- Properly completed Spring Reports will be forwarded from the Dean’s Office to the Office of Legal Counsel/Labor Designee by May 30, 2014 for review and filing. Reports that are not properly completed will be returned to you for completion.
- All inquiries regarding the Multiple Position Form and Policy should be directed either to Stephanie Vullo (ext. 3320) or Fatima Ali (ext. 4544) of the Office of Legal Counsel/Labor Designee.