General Contact Information
Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
135 East 22nd Street, 7th Floor
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
Attention: STEM Related Faculty with On-Campus Research Labs
From: Maziely Crisostomo, Director, College Now and Collaborative Programs, Baruch College
As some of you may know at the beginning of the semester CUNY Central and the Booth Ferris Foundation awarded the Baruch College Nowprogram funding to implement a STEM Research Academy at Baruch. As of the Spring 2016 semester Baruch College Now is one of five CUNY campus working on this initiative.
Now that the program is well underway with our first cohort of 25 high school students; we are currently recruiting Baruch faculty members to assist us with the summer component of the program.
Brief Overview of Summer component (complete program overview is attached):
- Upon successful completion of the spring course students will enroll in the summer research experience with a faculty member.
- Students will receive academic credit for their participation in the summer in the form of an Independent Study course with their respective faculty member.
- Summer lab research experience will run from July 5th to August 15th (Mon-Thurs, 9-3pm; varies on faculty lab hours).
- On Mondays from 9am-12pm students will be in a seminar class (taught by our Spring Instructor).
- Students will be required to present a culminating project related to their research experience at the end of the summer.
- Roughly, students must complete 100 hours of work throughout the summer (research with faculty and seminar class)
Note: the funding we have received will allow us to award a stipend to the specific faculty member’s lab. The stipend structure is as follows:
- 1-2 students = $1,250
- 3 students = $2,000
- 4 students = $2,500
We highly recommend faculty members agree to take a minimum of 3 students. The exact number of mentees/research assistants per faculty may be less dependent on number of faculty mentors and/or how many of the 25 students in the program wish to participate in the summer.
Learn more about the Baruch College Now program by visiting our website: www.baruch.cuny.edu/collegenow
If you have any questions or are interested in participating please let me know (Maziely.firstname.lastname@example.org) or Clemente Diaz, Associate Director of College Now (Clemente.email@example.com).
Maziely Crisostomo, M.A.
Director, College Now and Collaborative Programs
Baruch College - City University of New York
55 Lexington Ave. VC 5-225
New York, NY 10010
Phone: (646) 312-4295
Cell: (646) 531-1583