Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Provost’s Office beginning June 2011, see http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/provost/archive.htm
CUNY Citizenship and Naturalization Project and Baruch/ International Student Service Center
This is to notify the Baruch community (students, faculty, staff and families) that on Friday, November 16, 2012 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. in NVC 107 (Multipurpose Room) CUNY Citizenship Now will provide citizenship application assistance to anyone who:
- has resided in the US as a permanent resident for five (5) years; or three (3) years as a permanent resident if married to and living with a citizen
- has been physically present in the US for half of the five or three year period
- is at least 18 years of age
What to bring:
- Green card and all passports since obtaining green card
- Home addresses for the last five or three years
- Children’s information (date of birth, A#, addresses)*
- School/Employment history for the last five or three years*
- Marital history/criminal history*
Applicants pay a $680 filing fee to USCIS. Please do not bring this fee to this event. To apply for fee waiver, bring as many of these items as applicable:
- Copy of award letter from the state of federal agency granting the benefit, e.g., SSI award letter and/or budget letter
- Copy of IRS tax returns for the most recent tax year
Priority will be given to green card holders age 65 and over, and also to participants who are or were SSI and/or Safety Net recipients and who are at risk of losing their benefits.
Aside from assisting with documentation, we are authorized to take the required photo. All services are provided free of charge.
Registration is limited, only the first 75 callers will be served. Please call 212-568-4679 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays to make an appointment reserve your spot.