General Contact Information
Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
135 East 22nd Street, 7th Floor
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to full-time members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Provost’s Office beginning June 2011, see http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/provost/archive.htm
To: All Full-Time Faculty Members
From: John Brenkman, Interim Provost
Re: Fall Multiple Position Reports
Date: October 24, 2012
All full-time faculty members are required to file a Multiple Position Report every semester to comply with the provisions of the CUNY Statement of Policy on Multiple Positions, which requires the disclosure of information related to the performance of the duties beyond those of a full-time member of the faculty. Such duties may be performed within CUNY or outside of CUNY. Faculty members who fail to file this report, or who engage in willful false reporting of information, are subject to University penalties.
To comply with CUNY’s Multiple Position Policy, please observe the following procedure:
- All full-time faculty members must fill out the attached Report for fall 2012 and spring 2013. Faculty members without additional duties are required to complete only Part A. Faculty members who perform additional duties either: (1) outside of Baruch College, but within the CUNY system; or (2) outside the CUNY system must complete Part B of the Multiple Position Report.
- Upon completion of the Report, please forward the Report to your Department Chair. If you are reporting additional duties, the Department Chair and the Department Personnel and Budget Committee will review and recommend appropriate action in Part C of the Report.
- The Chair (or the Chair’s designee) will then forward your Multiple Position Report to the Dean’s office for the Dean’s action as the President’s Designee.
- Properly completed forms will be forwarded from the Dean’s Office to the Office of Legal Counsel/Labor Designee for filing. For this Fall, the deadline to submit the forms to the Office of Legal Counsel is November 20, 2012. Forms that are not properly completed will be returned to you for completion.
- All inquiries regarding the Multiple Position Form and Policy should be directed to either Stephanie Vullo (ext. 3320) or Shamik Mitchell (ext. 4544) of the Office of Legal Counsel/Labor Designee.