General Contact Information
Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
135 East 22nd Street, 7th Floor
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
From: Erec R. Koch, Associate Provost
The Office of Academic Affairs, CUNY Central, has forwarded the following announcements of funded research opportunities. Please follow up as indicated if either is of interest.
1. Thanks to generous support from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, the Office of Research, Evaluation and Program Support (REPS) is pleased to announce a request for proposals for three two-year faculty fellowships each in the amount of $40,000. The fellowships are designed to examine the experiences and outcomes of youth in foster care at CUNY (and beyond). The foster youth research initiative is particularly focused on issues of college access and success for transition age youth in foster care. As a University community, we are seeking to understand obstacles to post-secondary success experienced by foster youth and a range of promising evidence-based solutions. The fellowships will provide an additional means for generating deep, scientific knowledge to inform the work of multiple stakeholders supporting the postsecondary success of youth in foster care. Letters of Intent are due by April 29, 2016. TAY Fellowship link: http://www.cuny.edu/academics/evaluation.html
2. Fulbright Canada is in the midst of celebrating its 25th anniversary, and they now have more than 40 Fulbright Visiting Research Chair opportunities in Canada for American scholars in diverse fields. The 2017-18 Fulbright competition for American Scholars opened on February 1st and closes on August 1st, 2016. Fulbright scholars gain international experience, meet and collaborate with Canadian colleagues, and participate in a prestigious scholarship program with a wide network. Many scholars report their experience as life changing. Below you will find a complete list of the award categories that are hyperlinked to more information on the specific awards available at 21 Canadian university partners. Questions regarding any of the awards should be directed to Jenika Heim, Program Officer, External Relations, at email@example.com or (613) 688-5519.
- Postdoctoral Research Awards:
- Distinguished Visiting Research Chairs:
- Fulbright Canada Visiting Research Chairs: