Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
From: Chris Diggs, Assistant Director for Student Affairs
As we begin another semester and our students return to campus, some students may be faced with challenges greater than finalizing their class schedule and finding their way to a new classroom. To that end, I am writing to remind you of financial assistance available to students facing emergency situations through the Baruch College Petrie Student Emergency Fund. Students may apply for a grant from this fund for situations including but not limited to the following:
- Temporary loss of student's job or jobs;
- Fire in living quarters;
- Theft of computer, books, clothing or other essential belongings;
- Medical bills for uninsured necessary appointments, accidents or surgery;
- Eyeglasses or essential dental work;
- Travel home for illness or death in the immediate family;
- Homelessness due to loss of housing, for student and family dependents;
- Loss of childcare;
- Winter coat or interview suit;
- Food card, to eat in school cafeteria; and
- Transportation card, to get to and from school and/or medical appointment.
While the fund cannot be used to support tuition needs, any of the reasons above or other financial hardship will be considered. Students may apply for funding by using the following link: www.baruch.cuny.edu/emergencyfunding. Please share this information with any students who may be in need as well as with your colleagues who can help us to identify students who would benefit from this resource. If you have any questions, please do not hesistate to reach out.
Chris Diggs, M.Ed.
Assistant Director for Student Affairs
Division of Student Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010