Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Provost’s Office beginning June 2011, see http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/provost/archive.htm
From: Kevin Wolff (Kevin.Wolff@baruch.cuny.edu) Instructional Designer, Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Dear Baruch Faculty and Staff:
CUNY has been live on Blackboard 9.1 for a few weeks now, and the time has come to take our next steps toward completing the upgrade project.
- Access to Blackboard 8.0 will be taken offline this Friday, June 15th, at 2 AM.
- Blackboard 9.1 will be unavailable for approximately one hour beginning at 2 AM on Friday, June 15th, in order to update the URL and to enable SafeAssign (plagiarism detection software) in the Blackboard 9.1 environment.
- 6/15: Blackboard 8.0 will no longer be accessible, including access to Spring 2012 courses. (Please see note below regarding Spring 2012 courses.) If you have previously bookmarked Blackboard, please be prepared to update your bookmark or to access Blackboard 9.1 by navigating to the CUNY portal.
- 6/15: SafeAssign will be made available in Blackboard 9.1.
- 6/19 – 7/31: Spring 2012 courses will be upgraded and migrated to Blackboard 9.1 on a rolling basis.
- During the time frame that CUNY is performing the migration, some Spring 2012 courses will become available early on in the process. However, other Spring 2012 courses may take until 7/31 to become available. If you still need access to your Spring 2012 course, please contact the Baruch Help Desk and we will work with CUNY to attempt to provide earlier access. Priority will be given to courses with a demonstrated academic need, such as students fulfilling incompletes.
- 6/27: Fall 2012 courses are scheduled to become available in Blackboard 9.1
As always, more information regarding Blackboard 9.1 at CUNY is available at www.cuny.edu/blackboard.
Blackboard 9.1 Workshops and Resources
The following Blackboard 9.1 workshops are scheduled to begin at the following times:
Introduction to Blackboard 9.1
- Tues, July 10th 1-2pm Q Classroom, 6th floor, Library Bldg.
- Thurs, July 12th 1-2pm Q Classroom, 6th floor, Library Bldg.
- Tues, July 17th 10-11am Q Classroom, 6th floor, Library Bldg.
Blackboard 9.1 Grade Center and Assignments
- Wed, July 18th 1-2pm Q Classroom, 6th floor, Library Bldg.
You may reserve a seat at a workshop by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/bctc/training/faculty_training.html. The CUNY Blackboard Information website at www.cuny.edu/blackboard contains detailed information about the upgrade, FAQs, instructional videos and user guides, and video recordings of Blackboard 9.1 webinars.
Thank you and please feel free to contact the Baruch help desk with questions, concerns, or your thoughts on the upgrade:
6th floor of Library Building
Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Baruch College, City University of New York
151 East 25th Street, Room 618
New York, NY 10010
Help Desk: (646) 312-1010