General Contact Information
Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
135 East 22nd Street, 7th Floor
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
CTL Summer Workshop on Teaching for Adjunct Faculty
From: Kannan Mohan, Director (interim), Center for Teaching and Learning
The Center for Teaching and Learning will be conducting a teaching workshop on June 17, 2016 for adjunct faculty members and graduate teaching fellows who teach (or plan to teach) at Baruch College. You are invited to apply for the workshop, which includes a series of panel discussions, talks, and collaborative activities designed to introduce various pedagogical opportunities and support.
Upon completion of the workshop, participating faculty will be paid for seven hours at the Non-Teaching Adjunct rate.* Lunch will also be provided. This workshop is open to all Baruch adjunct faculty members and graduate teaching fellows in all departments.
In addition to the face-to-face meeting on June 17, participating faculty will be asked to complete pre-workshop readings and a post-workshop follow-up.
The workshop will include the following sessions:
- The “Inherited” Syllabus: Translating (and Teaching to) Learning Goals You Didn’t Write
- The Theory and Practice of Active Learning
- Designing Low, Medium, and High Stakes Assignments and Assessments
- Teaching and Technology at Baruch
- Your name, email, department, and the course(s) that you are planning to teach for the Fall 2016 semester
- A statement of about 250 words detailing some of the common challenges faced in the classroom and the kind of support that might best help you
- A copy of the syllabus for one or more courses you would be teaching in the fall and any other relevant material
Please do not hesitate to reach out to Kannan Mohan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the workshop.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, May 15, 2016. Applicants will be notified of acceptance by Monday, May 23, 2016. Seats in the workshop are limited. Acceptances will be determined by the CTL faculty committee based on the application statement and other submitted materials. The workshop will take place on June 17, 2016 from 10 am to 4 pm. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Kannan Mohan, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning at email@example.com.
*Acceptance and pay for participation is dependent on overload constraints.
Director (interim), Center for Teaching and Learning
Professor of CIS
Baruch College, The City University of New York
Voice: (646) 312 2069