Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
A few reminders to all members of our community:
- Please remember to erase everything written on the white boards as a courtesy to the next instructor.
- Transition between successive classes occupying a classroom: Students and instructors have a right to enter their room in a timely fashion, and instructors already in the room should not continue teaching past the end of the period. But departing students and instructors are also entitled to use a portion of the room for informal discussions in the minutes immediately following class. Both in-coming and out-going students and instructors should be respectful and accommodating during these transitional periods.
- Please ask your students to clean up after themselves.
- Please ask students to return chairs that have been moved to their normal position (usually in rows).
- Don't forget to log off the lectern computer before you leave the room.
- Please be sure to turn off the ceiling projectors when you finish using them; replacement bulbs are expensive. (The projectors turn off automatically only on certain settings.)
- Please don't leave extra, un-used blue books in a classroom. Blue books should not be easily accessible: some students take extras and use them to camouflage the notes they bring into a closed-book exam.
All best wishes,
Associate Provost and Assistant Vice President
Baruch College, CUNY
646-660-6504 (phone); 646-660-6531 (fax)