General Contact Information
Office of the Provost & Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
One Bernard Baruch Way
New York, NY 10010-5585
135 East 22nd Street, 7th Floor
Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Message Archive [Please note: As of April 2014 Faculty should use CUNYfirst to report textbook information.]
This email is being sent to all members of the Baruch College faculty.
For an archive of announcements sent from the Associate Provost beginning June 2011, click here.
As you know from previous announcements, the College must meet a legal requirement to post textbook information with course registration information by the time registration opens. The instructor of record for each course is expected to log into BookList via the CUNY portal and enter the textbook information for that course. Faculty do not need to enter information about reserve readings, readings provided within Blackboard, or materials that students will access for free, such as web sites.
Textbook information for spring 2014 classes is due in BookList by November 11, which is the start of registration.
Textbook information for Winter (January) 2014 classes should also be entered by that day.
In case you have not used BookList before there is a set of basic instructions on how to enter data into BookList at the bottom of this message. CUNY has posted a BookList Resources page that includes a complete reference manual for faculty and a list of frequently asked questions at: http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/OLS/about-heoa/booklist.html
The information entered into BookList will be supplied to the Baruch College Bookstore so that faculty do not have to submit a separate textbook adoption form. Faculty may share the information that they enter into BookList with any other bookstore they choose.
If you have questions regarding the use of BookList, please contact our campus BookList administrator, Arthur Downing (x1026). Your department chair may have designated a member of your department staff to enter data or act as a point person for BookList.
Basic Instructions for Using BookList:
- Log into the CUNY portal at www.cuny.edu. (Call the BCTC help desk at x1010, if you cannot log in.)
- Once you are in your portal account scroll down to the icon named “BookList” and click on the link.
- You will see a list of departments. Select your department or program.
- On the next screen you have to select spring 2014 from the drop down menu at the top of the screen.
- You should then see a list of courses in your department or program for the semester you chose. Select your course.
- Click on the link “edit book list.”
- If you are assigning no books to purchase, on the next screen click the button “No course materials needed.” Your work is done. You can just close the browser.
- If you are assigning books, click on “Add a new book/material.”
- Option#1: search the book in the Google search box; if the result matches your book, click “select”; click “add clipped Google results.”
- Option #2: enter all the book information.
- To add more books, repeat beginning at step #8.
- Once all books are entered you can just close your browser.
If you have questions regarding the use of BookList, please contact our campus BookList administrator, Arthur Downing (x1026).