Valerie J. Watnick
Valerie J. Watnick is Professor and Chair of the Department of Law for the Zicklin School of Business. She teaches courses on environmental law and business law.
Professor Watnick is available to comment on the following topics:
• Regulation of potentially toxic endocrine disrupting substances, such as oxybenzone and BPA.
• Risk assessment in toxics regulation
• Toxic substances in everyday life
• Food Quality and the Food Quality Protection Act
• Pesticide use and regulation
• Regulation of toxic substances, including pesticides and polychlorinated bisphenols (“PCBs”)
• PCBs in schools
• Health and safety regulation regarding cosmetics
Professor Watnick is the author of multiple law review articles regarding food quality, risk assessment, toxics regulation, and pesticide regulation. She is also the author of a popular new book entitled, “This Sh!t May Kill You: 52 Ways to Make Smarter Decisions and Protect Your Family from Everyday Environmental Toxins.” A community organizer and past PTA co-president of PS 199 in Manhattan, Professor Watnick now blogs on insideschools.org about the environmental dangers found in NYC public schools.
Professor Valerie J. Watnick is a graduate of the Cornell Law School, class of 1988, and Bucknell University, class of 1985, with a B.S. in Accounting.
Manny Romero, 646-660-6141, Manuel.Romero@baruch.cuny.edu
Mercedes Sanchez, 646-660-6112, Mercedes.email@example.com