Baruch College Among Top 11 Schools for Sending Graduates to Wall Street Jobs
NEW YORK, NY – October 7, 2015 – Baruch College graduates account for about 2% of the New York City-based investment banking professionals in a survey by a salary benchmarking website. That placed Baruch within the top 11 suppliers of investment banking professionals.
The news website Business Insider reported on findings by Emolument, a website that collects self-reported pay data. The top 11 schools and their share of graduates were:
- 8% -- Columbia University & Business School
• 7% -- New York University & Stern School of Business
• 4% -- University of Pennsylvania & Wharton School
• 3% -- Harvard University & Business School
• 3% -- Cornell University
• 2% -- MIT & Sloan School of Management
• 2% -- Rutgers University
• 2% -- Baruch College
• 2% -- University of Chicago & Booth School of Business
• 1% -- University of Michigan & Ross School of Business
• 1% -- Stanford University
Business Insider rounded all of the data to the nearest whole percentage point, and said that about 1,000 other schools each had contributed less than 1% of the 1,541 front- and back-office professionals surveyed. Employees in support functions such as HR and Communications were not included. The Emolument database does not appear to be posted on the Emolument website.