1. Forbes Magazine ranks Baruch MBA program among Top 70 for Best Five-Year ROI.
2. Entrepreneur Magazine and Princeton Review rank Baruch College Among Top 25 for Entrepreneurship.
3. U.S. News & World Report's "Best Colleges" increases Baruch's ranking in all categories.
4. Washington Monthly's "Best Bang for the Buck" Colleges in America ranks Baruch #3.
5. The New York Times highlights Baruch for having low student debt as reported by The Institute for College Access & Success.
7. The New York Times' "The Haggler" highlights Baruch's action in rectifying a student's tuition overcharge.
8. Bloomberg features Oct. 8 Financial Markets Conference hosted by Zicklin Center for Corporate Integrity.
13. Associated Press, Boston Globe, CUNY-TV, Pix 11, The Huffington Post, City & State, NBC New York, Washington Examiner, BuzzFeed, Capital New York, and Crain's features Doug Muzzio re: the race for Mayor and Speakers Candidates.
15. The Nation, NJ Spotlight, News Works, and Fort Lee Patch interviews Hector Cordero-Guzman on his study about day laborers. 16. CarnegieCouncil.org lists Prakash Sethi's research on "The World of Wal-Mart," selected it as #1 Carnegie Council Resource for 2013.
17. The New York Times publishes Ralph Blumenthal's article he co-wrote on Cambodian statue.
19. June O' Neil on NY 1 with comments on the Affordable Care Act.
20. CNBC interviews Carla Robbins regarding the Obama-Xi Summit and cyberattacks. 21. Houston Chronicle features quote by Ted Joyce regarding abortion bill in Texas. 22. The New York Times and CNBC interview Ted Henken on Cuba.
23. Associated Press and The Huffington Post interview Robert Smith on Council Member Carlos Menchaca.
24. The Huffington Post features Baruch students for their SmartPitch Challenge win.
Baruch College is regularly featured in the media — in print, online and on radio and TV. Below you will find links to recent stories that illustrate the breadth of activity at Baruch College, the expertise of our faculty and staff and the commitment of our students.
Baruch in the News: Media Coverage (Fall 2013)
Baruch in the News: Media Coverage (Spring 2013)
Baruch in the News: Media Coverage (Fall 2012)
Election 2012: Media Coverage (Fall 2012)
Baruch in the News: Media Coverage (Spring 2012)
Baruch in the News: Media Coverage (Fall 2011)
Baruch's Newman Vertical Campus Inspires Architectural Design (September 2012)
Colleges Turn the Economic Crisis Into a Lesson Plan: The New York Times (12/11/09)
Student and Alumni News:
Faculty and Administration News:
Dean David Birdsell Shares Expertise: Links to Wall St. Become Liability in Primary Races: The New York Times (9/7/10)
David Birdsell LETTER; Keeping College Affordable: The New York Times (10/30/09)
Ben Corpus LETTER; College Student Success: The New York Times (9/16/09)
Gov. Mario Cuomo Teaches a Course on 2008 Presidential Election at Baruch (Lessons on an Election): The New York Times (10/30/08)
Baruch College Centers, Institutes and Departments:
New York's Best Kept Secret: Baruch's Field Center for Entrepreneurship: The Atlantic (September 2012)
Schwartz Institute Creates New Assessment Tool: Using Web Video to Fine-Tune Student PerformanceThe Chronicle of Higher Education (10/15/10)
Baruch Students Move into Residence Hall: Chronicle of a Changing City: The New York Times(8/29/10)
First-Ever Dorms Open At Baruch College: New York 1 TV (8/22/10)
The Lawrence N. Field Center for Entrepreneurship Featured in Crain's New York Business:
"Life After Journalism: It Does Exist" (7/14/10), "Can Entrepreneurship Be Taught?"(4/9/10), "Study Finds NY Entrepreneurship Lagging Nation" (11/18/09), and College Entrepreneurship Programs Expand (10/14/09)