Baruch College/NY1 News Poll Asks New Yorkers
About Mayor, Governor, Pontiff and Trump;
Pope Is More Popular Than the Others
NEW YORK, NY -- September 23, 2015 -- Baruch College and NY1 News this week released the latest edition of “The City Poll”.
At a Glance:
- 44% of New Yorkers approve of Mayor Bill De Blasio’s performance
- 55% approve of the job Andrew Cuomo is doing as governor
- 74% have an negative opinion of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump
- 55% of New Yorkers view Hilary Clinton in a positive light
- 68% of New Yorkers hold a favorable view of Pope Francis
- 88% of New York City Catholics embrace the Pope
The City Poll is conducted in partnership with television station NY1 by Baruch College Survey Research at the School of Public Affairs, under the direction of faculty members Mickey Blum and Doug Muzzio. Since February 2015, the City Poll has surveyed New Yorkers on a variety of topics ranging from satisfaction with city leadership and services to their views on political figures.
You can read the in-depth “City Poll” findings here: