Office of Testing and Evaluation
General Testing Rules
In order to ensure fair testing environment to all students, the Office of Testing and Evaluation enforces the following policies:
- Tickets/Photo ID: All students are required to present valid photo identification and testing tickets to enter any examination. No exceptions to this requirement will be made. Photo identification is also required when registering for examinations.
- Restroom: Students should take care of restroom stops before entering their examination. Exits from and re-entries to the test room will not be permitted, except for medical emergencies.
- Unattended Children: Children are not allowed in the testing rooms. Further, children are not allowed to be unsupervised in the Baruch College Testing Center. Please make other arrangements for children before coming to the tesing areas.
- Quiet Please! The Office of Testing and Evaluation staff endeavors to provide you with a quiet and undisturbed environment. Please take special care as you arrive and leave to maintain that quiet atmosphere, both inside and immediately outside of the testing areas.
- Process: After checking your photo ID and testing ticket, the proctor will assign you your seat for the examination.
- Electronic Devices: All electronic devices including cell phones are to be turned off and put away. Please note that calculators are not permitted in the testing room unless it is a necessary testing accommodation that has been pre-approved by the Disability Service Office.
- Violation of Rules: If a student violates the established guidelines; the Office of Testing and Evaluation on behalf of Baruch College, has the right to void the students' exam.
- Closing Time: Unless posted otherwise, the Testing Center closes at 5PM Monday to Friday. If you have not completed an un-timed test prior to closing, you will be permitted to return another day to complete the exam.