General Contact Information
Newman Vertical Campus
Office of Testing and Evaluation
Student Course and Faculty Evaluations - Faculty Memo - Summer 2015
This is a copy of a memo sent on June 30, 2015 to the members of the Baruch College Faculty
Members of the Faculty
The Office of Testing and Evaluation
June 30, 2015
|Student Course and Faculty Evaluations|
To generate the best response rate, it would be very helpful if you could set aside five minutes at the beginning of a class to speak with your students about the evaluation process.
Please let your students know that their responses are completely anonymous and that instructors will see results only after grades are released.
You might like to give students a few specific examples of how you used feedback from past course evaluations. (For example: "Last semester the evaluations said I should make better use of the course website, and that is why this year I have been posting notes online.")
Please inform your students that the evaluation period is posted here and that they will receive (or already have received) emails addressed to the Baruch accounts with directions on completing the evaluation surveys.
Some faculty colleagues at Baruch have been able to generate improved response rates by offering the entire class a small amount of extra credit if the class's rate is higher than 75%. (The college-wide average in fall 2014 was 58%.)
If you would like your students to complete the evaluations during class time, here are a few ways that can be accomplished:
- Let your students know that this is your plan and advise them that if they would like to participate during class time they should make sure to bring their smart phones or laptops that day.
- Your students can use a web browser on their smart phones or laptops to go to the login page that is indicated in the students' course and faculty evaluation email notification.
- Alternatively, your students can go to http://baruch.cuny.edu/EVALS to login and complete their course evaluations.
- The students' login information is the same username and password they use for accessing campus computers and Wi-Fi.
- You can make and hand out copies of the attached flyer to your students. The flyer contains a QuickResponse Code (QR Code) that can be scanned on some mobile devices and the URL (http://baruch.cuny.edu/EVALS) that your students can use to login and complete the evaluation surveys.
Please note that if you are administering the evaluations in class, you must step outside the classroom for the designated period (roughly 15 minutes)
Going over this information at the start of the evaluation period will set the stage for a high response rate in your class and for Baruch College as a whole.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Assistant Director of Testing and Evaluation
Office: Newman Vertical Campus, Rm 5-223