- This is a profile of the audience at Broadway shows from June 2013 through June 2014.
- Tourists represent a record breaking 70% of all tickets sold. Domestic toorists purchased 49% of all Broadway tickets and international tourists 21%.
- Women generally represent about 68% of the Broadway audience. Moreover, women are more likely to make the purchasing decision than their male counterparts.
- The average age of the Broadway theatregoer was 44 years old.
- Almost eighty percent of all tickets were purchased by Caucasian theatregoers.
- Broadway theatregoers were quite affluent compared to the general United States population, reporting an average annual household income of $201,500.
- Broadway theatregoers were a very well-educated group. Of theatregoers over 25 yrs old, 78% had completed college and 39% had earned a graduate degree.
- The average theatergoer reportedly attends about four
shows during this annual period.