- This is a profile of the audience at Broadway shows from June 2011 through June 2012.
- Broadway audiences are split among locals (37%) and tourists (63%) - with tourists staying an average of 4.4 days in NYC.
- Women generally represent about 67% of the Broadway audience. Moreover, women are more likely to make the purchasing decision than their male counterparts.
- The average age of the Broadway theatregoer was 43.5 years old.
- Roughly 78% of all tickets were purchased by Caucasian theatregoers.
- Broadway theatregoers were quite affluent compared to the general United States population, reporting an average annual household income of $193,800.
- Broadway theatregoers were a very well-educated group. Of theatregoers over 25 yrs old, 75% had completed college and 38% had earned a graduate degree.
- Approximately 59% of the audience attends at least 2 shows a season and the average theatergoer attends about four