- This is a profile of the audience at Broadway shows from June 2012 through June 2013.
- Broadway audiences are split among locals (34%) and tourists (66%) - with tourists staying an average of 4.4 days in NYC.
- Women generally represent about 68% of the Broadway audience. Moreover, women are more likely to make the purchasing decision than their male counterparts.
- The average age of the Broadway theatregoer was 42.5 years old.
- Roughly 78% of all tickets were purchased by Caucasian theatregoers.
- Broadway theatregoers were quite affluent compared to the general United States population, reporting an average annual household income of $186,500.
- Broadway theatregoers were a very well-educated group. Of theatregoers over 25 yrs old, 74% had completed college and 36% had earned a graduate degree.
- The average theatergoer reportedly attends about four
shows during this annual period.