First, check whether CUNY libraries own the book you need:
- Search for the item in the library catalog using the All CUNY Libraries search option.
- If the book is owned by a CUNY library, use the "Request a Copy" button to order.
If the item cannot be ordered from CUNY libraries, request Interlibrary Loan:
- Search for the book in WorldCat and click on “Request This Item via ILL”.
- Alternatively, log on to ILLiad and complete a New Request form.
Limits: Please note that undergraduate students are limited to 20 active requests. A request is considered "active" until you return the item to our library.
Each patron is responsible for all ILL items in his/her possession.
If an item is lost or damaged, the lending library reserves the right to invoice us for the repair or replacement costs.
The amount billed will vary and will be passed to the patron for payment.
Repeatedly damaging items may result in the suspension of ILL borrowing privileges.
- From databases, use the "Find It!" button to request articles via Interlibrary Loan if there is no full text.
- If working from a citation, search the library’s E-Journals page and the library catalog first. If the journal or article is unavailable, log on to ILLiad and complete a New Request form.
- Books not owned by any CUNY library - Books not owned by Baruch College, but that are owned by another CUNY college, should be requested in the library catalog.
- Articles not available at Baruch College - First search the library’s E-Journals page and the library catalog.
- All other items not available at Baruch College can be requested via Interlibrary Loan. Exceptions: Textbooks, study guides, workbooks, or leisure reading materials cannot be requested via Interlibrary Loan.
Books are typically available to pick up in 3-10 days. Articles are typically available to download in 1-3 days.
However, please keep in mind that waiting times vary for each individual request. You can track your requests by logging on to your account in ILLiad.
Include the full citation and standard number (ISBN or ISSN) for your material to get the quickest turnaround.
You will receive an email notification when the item arrives. If it is an electronic article, your email will contain instructions on how to retrieve the article. If it is a book, it will be available for you to pick up from the Circulation Desk of the Library on the 2nd floor.
Electronic articles are stored in the Interlibrary Loan server for 30 days for a maximum of 5 viewings.
If the Interlibrary Loan sticker on the item you borrowed does not say “NO RENEWALS,” you can request a renewal in ILLiad/Interlibrary Loan. Log on, under Checked Out Items, click on the transaction number of the item to renew.
We supply materials to other libraries and corporations through OCLC WorldShare and ILLiad. If you do not participate in OCLC, please send us lending requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using an ALA form and we would be happy to fill your requests.