The Honors Student Council
The Honors Student Council serves to enhance the Baruch Honors Program by hosting Honors community events, providing volunteer and career opportunities, and bringing issues of Honors Scholars to the Honors Staff.THURSDAY, 09.11SUGGESTION FOR A SLICE / RECRUITMENT DAY12:45-2:00 | 23RD STREET HONORS LOUNGEHand in your suggestion to improve the Honors Program for a slice of pizza and mingle with the Honors Student Council. If you are interesting in applying to join our ranks, we will have plenty of applications available!THURSDAY, 10.23NACHOS WITH NANCY4:00-6:00 | 23RD STREET HONORS LOUNGEJoin us for a catered lunch with Dr. Nancy Aries, the Honors Program Director. Ask her all your burning questions! This event is co-sponsored by the Honors Program.THURSDAY, 10.30MOVIE NIGHT6:00-8:00 | 23RD STREET HONORS LOUNGECandy, popcorn, and a scary movie. Get in on the Halloween fun!TBAMENTORING PROGRAM KICK-OFFTBAUnderclassmen mentees, meet your upperclassmen mentors. More details about participating in the Mentoring Program to come.TBAFRESHMAN HELP DAYTBAAre you a freshman looking for some sort of guidance about registering for classes or perhaps scoring an internship? During this event, experienced older students will offer their advice and quell your fears about college life.
recent HSC improvements:• The online suggestion form below allowing students to anonymously submit suggestions
• New and exciting opportunities to complete community service and cultural event requirements
• Honors lounge improvements such as new chairs, power strips and the donation of the old books
• Mentoring program to build a connection between upper and underclassmen
• Events such as Suggestion for a Slice, Extended Stress Free Week, Movie Night and Q&A with Dr. Aries
• Revised community service process to require less paperwork
• Eating made possible in the Honors Study Room
Thank you for your suggestion!The HSC reviews and discusses each suggestionBack to Homepage
individually and brings it to the Honors Staff for discussion.Thank you for your application!After your application is processed, someone fromBack to Homepage
the team will reach out to you to schedule an interview.