Office of Sponsored Programs and Research.
Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
Purchases Under $5000
Follow these steps:
- obtain telephone quotes from qualified vendors
- prepare a Small Order Form if the vendor requires one
- call your project administrator for an order number and fiscal approval if your sponsor requires one
- order the item(s) directly from the supplier over the phone or by sending them the vendor copy of the Small Order Form
- after you receive the item, attach the vendor's original invoice and the receiving copy of the Small Order Form (if applicable) to a completed Payment Request Form (RF 021) and forward to your OTPS Team for processing. Remember to sign and date the form
To be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses:
- attach original itemized receipt to a completed Payment Request Form and forward to OTPS for processing. Be sure to fully document the purpose of each expenditure. For business meals, a list of attendees is required.
- requests for reimbursement of credit card charges must be accompanied by an itemized receipt, especially for business meals. Requests based on summary credit card charges only cannot be honored.
Last updated: 10/06/2011