Office of Sponsored Programs and Research.
Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
Purchases $5,000 and Over
All associated forms are available from your campus Grants Office
For Orders totalling between $5000 and $15000 (State or City sponsored) or $25000 (Federal sponsored or RF/Agency funds):
- Prepare specifications of the items to be ordered
- Sponsors require that you obtain the best value for all purchases. While competitive written bids aren't required for items in this price range, we encourage you to solicit them or to obtain telephone quotes when making purchases of significant amounts.
- Review bids and select appropriate vendor
- Complete a Purchase Requisition Form (RF 208). Keep one copy for your records and send the original to the RF Purchasing Office.
- The RF will send out a Purchase Order and forward a receiving copy and a file copy to you.
- When the item arrives, use the receiving copy of the P.O. to certify its receipt
- Attach the receiving copy and the original invoice to a completed Payment Request and forward the documents to OTPS Team for payment
Important: Remember to Sign and Date Your Payment Request
For Orders totalling over $15000 (State or City sponsored) or $25000 (Federal sponsored or RF/Agency funds)
- Follow the same steps outlined above
- One additional step: three written bids must be obtained for such purchases and submitted with the purchase requisition. Bids are required at different thresholds depending on the sponsor. See Procurement Reference Table for further details. A written justification must be forwarded to substantiate use of a sole vendor
For Equipment costing $5000 or more per unit:
- Same steps as above, plus you must first verify that your college does not already own the same or similar equipment, or, if it does, that it is already fully in use during regular work hours. Fill out an Equipment Screening Certificate (RF 209) and have it certified by the appropriate college official, then forward it with your Purchase Requisition.
You may download and print a blank Equipment Screening Certificate (RF209).
Last updated: 07/30/2017