Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
Zolicia Abotsi, Assoc. Director, Post-Award Admin., ext. 2211
SPAR handles all financial and administrative responsibilities throughout the life of the grant. It facilitates new project investigators (PI) becoming acquainted with the Research Foundation's (RF) services whenever they receive notification of an award, are hiring an employee, use summer salary lines or charge reassigned time to RF accounts.
- SPAR can:
- Set investigators up as users of the RF system.
- Provide investigators with an orientation to the electronic submission system.
- For general account transactions, the office has forms (i.e., payment requests, travel reimbursements, etc.) and helps to resolve any issue with the RF.
- If faculty members are serving as subcontractors and collaborators on a project, we serve as the central point of contact between collaborators at other institutions, making sure all agreement specifications are met.
- For the National Science Foundation (NSF), we will electronically track and approve requests for extension via its Fastlane service.
Last updated: 05/01/2015