Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
Before soliciting support from Foundations, Corporations and/or Government Sources, you must:
- Prepare a brief description or abstract of your proposed project (approximately 250 words).
- Meet with a representative from the Office of Sponsored Programs & Research (Melisa Mendez) prior to starting the submission process. It is never too early in the process to discuss your proposal. Deans, chairs, and colleagues are other good sources of information or counsel.
- Upon selecting a potential sponsor, be sure to read the application guidelines carefully and fully understand all of the requirements.
- Prepare a proposal draft and ask a colleague to read it and make helpful suggestions. SPAR can help you identify seasoned grant writers in your department or school.
- Contact SPAR about your budget needs and use their expertise to help you complete this section.
- Complete the Internal Approval Cover Sheet (this sheet will be circulated for signatures from your departmental chair and school's Dean)
- Submit your final proposal, budget and signed Proposal Submission Cover Sheet to SPAR for approval and submission.
Last updated: 11/19/2015