Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
Rehire Documents and Procedure
A ‘rehire' is defined as any employee of the Research Foundation who is reappointed after a break in service lasting 120 or more days. The applicability of this procedure is determined by the last timesheet date of the prior appointment and the start date of the new appointment.
When hiring an employee who has previously worked for the Research Foundation, you can contact Tara Smith in the SPAR office to determine whether or not the employee is considered a rehire and if they need an updated I-9 or a new E-I9 and E-verifiy.
A rehire cannot be reappointed until a completed rehire packet is submitted and processed by the Research Foundation. A completed rehire packet includes the following forms (Adobe Reader required):
- Wage/Title Acknowledgement Form (to be completed at the SPAR office)
- Rehire Acknowledgement Form - UPDATED
- Job Duties and Qualifications Form
- Authorization for Background Check
- Federal Tax Form W-4
- NYS and NYC Tax Form IT-2104
- Change of Address Form (if applicable)
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact the SPAR office at 646-312-2205.
Last updated: 10/21/2016