Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
H-1B Processing Requirements for Foreign Prospective RF Employees who seek Sponsorship
When requesting the Research Foundation to petition the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for H-1B status for a prospective employee, please provide the Office of Employment Policy and Practice with following:
- A completed H-1B Prospective Employee Information Form .
- Copies of required documents
- A letter from the Principal Investigator/Project Director addressed to Wendy Patitucci requesting that she processes the visa application. This letter must include the particulars of the position being offered and why the beneficiary is the ideal candidate for the position. Also indicate the length of the intended employment and the amount intended to pay the beneficiary.
- Copy of the Personnel Vacancy Notice (PVN) for the position (see RFCUNY’s website). If a PVN was not submitted, please include a detailed job description.
- A money order or check in the amount of $320.00 made out to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for the application processing fee (Form I-129). In addition, a separate check or money order for $500.00 (an anti-fraud fee) must be made out to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- A separate money order or check in the amount of $1,000 made out to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for premium processing. (THIS PAYMENT IS OPTIONAL. However, it ensures that the petition will be “processed” by the USCIS within 15 business days of receipt.)
If the employee is also filing for his/her dependent family members. She/he is responsible for completing and providing the petition(s) along with the applicable fee ($200.00). The form for dependents, Form I-539, can be found on Immigration and Naturalization web site. In addition to form I-539, include the following for each dependent:
□ Passport pages
□ 1-94 cards (front and back)
□ Social security numbers (if any)
If you have any questions concerning these requirements, please feel free to contact Wendy Patitucci at (212) 417-8601, or Victoria Donoghue, at (212) 417-8614.
Last Updated on 04/12/2012