Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
Research Foundation Announcements
Grants & Contracts
- D&B: Effective October 1, 2003 all federal grant and cooperative agreement applications must include the Research Foundation's Dun & Bradstreet Universal Number System (DUNS) number. The DUNS # 064932676.
- Check Distribution Policy (7/2005) new!
- New Minimum Wage: According to the New York State law the minimum wage is $7.15 effective January 1, 2007. All PAF's for employees that are appointed beyond this date, with an hourly rate below the minimum, must be modified.
- Health Benefits Effective Date Change: As of 1/1/05, the health benefits for eligible RF employees hired after this date will be in effect on the 1st day after a full month of service as a RF employee (e.g., start date: 1/5/05 thus effective datate is 3/1/05).
- H-1B1 Processing
- Revised Time Leave Policy: RFCUNY’s policy governing Time and Leave Benefits for All Research Foundation Employees, Policy No. 506-E, has been amended to conform our policies on the subjects of Military Leave and Jury Duty Service to the current state of the law. For the complete text of the amended policy as it relates to Military Leave and Jury Duty Service, log on to the Research Foundation website and see the Operating Guidelines of Policy No. 506-E, set forth in Sections V.(E) and V.(G), respectively, at www.rfcuny.org/policies/506-e.html.
- Employee Complaints Policy Revision: RFCUNY’s policy governing Project Employee Complaints, Policy No. 510, has been amended to facilitate the orderly resolution of complaints filed by RFCUNY employees. For the complete text of the amended policy, log on to the Research Foundation website and go to www.rfcuny.org/policies/510.htm.
- Retirement Annuity Plans Revisions: The plan documents governing RFCUNY’s Retirement Annuity and Supplemental Retirement Annuity Plans have been amended to bring them into compliance with tax code regulations concerning minimum required distributions from such plans. The changes are technical in nature and do not significantly affect the operation of the plans. You may request copies of the amended plan documents by writing to Wendy_Patitucci@rfcuny.org.
- Sabbatical Pay Policy: Effective with the 2006-2007 academic year and all retro appointments, CUNY faculty eligible to receive sabbatical pay through a grant administered by the RF will be placed on our payroll for the stipulated period and at a fringe benefit rate of 10%. There is no pension contribution by the RF.
- Equipment Memorandum from the Research Foundation (9/2004)
- Mileage Reimbursement Increase: The mileage reimbursement was increased to 50.5 cents per mile, effective 1/1/08.
Last Updated 10/07/2011