Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
Baruch Procedures for Using Grant Awards at the Research Foundation
Certified Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE)
The following websites may be utilized for purposes of meeting the requirements of the established goals of the New York State minority and certified women-owned business enterprises over the term of your grant.
Procedures for Purchasing Equipment
All equipment purchased using grant funds remain the property of the City University of New York. If you are terminated from Baruch College of CUNY and are not transferred to another CUNY institution, the equipment remains at Baruch College as property of CUNY. All Baruch faculty recipients must adhere to the following procedures for Purchasing Equipment (i.e., computers, laboratory equipment):
ALL FORMS CAN BE OBTAINED AND MUST BE SUBMITTED
TO THE SPAR OFFICE FOR PROCESSING!
For Single Equipment Under $5,000
You may purchase the equipment either out of pocket or by using a purchase order (Small Order form).
OPTION 1: You incur the cost and then request reimbursement from the grant. Since the Research Foundation is exempt of sales tax in NY State, if you are charged sales tax, your reimbursement will be reduced by the amount of sales tax charged.
- Provide the vendor with a copy of the Research Foundation's tax exemption form—available at the SPAR office.
- Purchase the equipment from the vendor and obtain proof of purchase. (All equipment must be delivered to your attention at Baruch College's Receiving & Stores, 152 E 26th Street - Room 150, NY, NY 10010)
- Complete an e-Payment Request at https://www.rfcuny.org/WebProcurement/paymentrequest/ along with proof of payment (receipt, copy of online credit card transaction), and proof of delivery (packing slip). A check will be issued to you and the grant charged accordingly. Please note that the reimbursement process may take up to 2-3 weeks.
OPTION 2: You do not incur any out of pocket expense. A check will be issued to the vendor and the grant charged accordingly. If the vendor charges sales tax, the payment will be reduced by the sales tax charged.
- If the vendor accepts purchase orders, submit a completed Small Order form along with a copy of the quote to the vendor. Small Order forms are purchase order forms used for making purchases under $5,000. (All equipment must be delivered to your attention at Baruch College's Receiving & Stores at 152 E 26th Street - Room 150, NY, NY 10010. However, you should put your department address as the “Invoice To” address.)
- After receiving your order, Complete an e-Payment Request at https://www.rfcuny.org/WebProcurement/paymentrequest/ along with proof of payment (receipt, copy of online credit card transaction), and proof of delivery (packing slip).Please note that the payment process may take up to 2-3 weeks.
If the equipment is purchased with grant funds, it is CUNY property. As such, it must be tagged (cataloged) by BCTC for tracking purposes. Regardless of which option you select, the computer must be delivered to the college.
For Single Equipment Over $5,000
All equipment purchases over $5,000 must follow the steps below.
- Complete a Research Foundation Purchase Requisition to be submitted to the Research Foundation to begin processing the order. (All equipment must be delivered to your attention at Baruch College's Receiving & Stores at 152 E 26th Street - Room 150, NY, NY 10010. However, you should use your department address as the “Invoice To” address.)
- After receiving your order, submit a completed Payment Request form issued to the vendor to the SPAR Office with the vendor's invoice, the receiving copy of the Purchase Requisition form and the packing slip (proof of delivery). Please note that the payment process may take up to 2-3 weeks.
If the equipment is purchased with grant funds, it becomes CUNY property. As such, it must be tagged (cataloged) by BCTC for tracking purposes before any payment/reimbursement is issued.
CUNY has agreements with manufacturers like Dell and Apple. You may order from their Higher Ed site to get the best pricing, however, you are not limited to these vendors.
Inside Account Manager,
Dell | Major Public Accounts
Toll Free: 800-692-3355 ext. 513-9472 or Direct 512-513-9472
Website: Dell NYS Store (click on either "Enter Microcomputer Store", "Enter Server Store", or "Enter Printer Store" depending on the item type) OR
CUNY - Baruch College Premier Member Store (usually has larger discounts)
Check Order Status: https//support.dell.com/support/order/status.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen
Please email Small Order Form and quote to MPA_NY_Orders@dell.com or fax to 866-501-8285
Account Executive - Higher Education
Tel: 800-800-2775 ext. 46907
Website: Apple Higher Education Store - Baruch
(click on "Create Quote", choose your school, add product(s) to your cart, click "Continue" and then "Create Proposal". A completed Small Order form and quote should be faxed or emailed to Heather Patrick for processing)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Research Foundation's purchasing procedures, please contact Jolaade Bademosi at (646)312-2204 or email@example.com .
Last Updated on 12/03/2014