General Education Requirements
Baruch College Pathways Appeals Process
Transfer Appeals Officer: Ms. Sonya Wahab
This appeal process applies to students who follow the Pathways at Baruch Curriculum (adopted fall 2013). Students who follow the Baruch Common Core Curriculum should file appeals with their School Committee on Academic Standing.
After admission to Baruch College, students receive a Transfer Credit Evaluation Report which provides an accounting of how transfer credits will meet Pathways and other degree requirements. Any transfer student with concerns about how completed courses have been evaluated for transfer credit must meet with a campus advisor to review their Transfer Evaluation Report. After that meeting, students may initiate the Pathways transfer credit appeals process.
Transfer Credit Appeals Process
Appeals must be filed in accordance with the following procedures:
- Write up a brief statement outlining the reasons for your appeal (limit to 1 page) and gather the required documentation – a catalog course description and syllabus for the course you have taken (if available).
- Submit your materials as attachments to the Pathways Appeals Committee using the Pathways Appeal Form - click here.
- Within 3 business days you should expect confirmation via email that your appeal submission has been received. If you do not receive the confirmation in this time period, please contact the campus Pathways Appeals Officer at email@example.com.
- The appeals committee will respond to appeals requests on or about the 15th and the 30th of each month during the spring and fall semesters. The committee does not meet during the winter or summer sessions.
- If you wish to appeal a negative determination, you may appeal that decision to the CUNY University Provost/ Office of Academic Affairs.
- If the CUNY appeal is found to merit a change in course designation, the College Transfer Appeals Officer will ensure that the change is made to the student record. CUNY decisions regarding appeals for reevaluation of transfer credit are final.