General Education Requirements
Baruch Common Core: Tier II - Introduction to the Arts and Sciences
Tier II courses provide introductions to college-level study of the disciplines of the arts and sciences.
Humanities (4 courses, one from each category)
FPA (Fine and Performing Arts) - one of the following courses:
- ART 1000 Introduction to Design and Visual Communication
- ART 1011 Art History Survey I
- ART 1012 Art History Survey II
- MSC 1003 Music and Civilization
- MSC 1005 Principles of Music
- THE 1041 Introduction to the Theatre Arts
History - one of the following courses:
- HIS 1000 Themes in American History
- HIS 1001 Themes in Global History to 1500 C.E.
- HIS 1003 Themes in Global History Since 1500 C.E.
- HIS 1005 Modern American History
- HIS 2050 Modern America, 18801945
- HIS 2053 Recent America, 1945 to the Present
Literature - one of the following courses:
Philosophy- one of the following courses:
Social Sciences (4 courses, one from each category)
Sociology/Anthropology - one of the following courses:
Economics - one of the following courses:
*ECO 1110 is not open to Marxe or Zicklin students; it requires MTH 2140 or MTH 2160 as pre- or co-requisite.
Politics and Government - one of the following courses:
- PAF 1250 Citizenship and Public Affairs
- POL 1101 American Government: Practices and Values
- POL 2001 The United States in an Age of Globalization
- POL 2321 Urban Government
- POL 2332 American Political Thought
- POL 2353 Public Policy
Psychology- one of the following courses:
- PSY 1001 General Psychology
Natural Sciences (1 course)
- BIO 1003 Survey of the Living World
- BIO 1005 General BiologyStructure and FunctionA Human Orientation
- BIO 2010* Principles of Biology I
*BIO 2010 is for biological sciences or natural sciences ad hoc majors; participation requires departmental permission.