What is Verification?
A number of financial aid applicants, selected by both the federal government and Baruch College’s Financial Aid Office, may be required to document their household size, number in college, income, taxes paid, and assets. Students chosen for verification will not have their financial aid awards calculated until this process is completed and the information on the application is correct. Baruch College is required to refer all cases of suspected fraud to the U.S. Department of Education Office of the Inspector General.
- All requested documents that our office may ask for must be PHOTOCOPIES that our office can keep in your file.
- Common requested documents are Federal tax transcripts for student and parent(s), current bank account statements, proof of value if a business is owned, proof of value if rental real estate property is owned, any amount of investments.
- All required documents must be submitted within two weeks of notification.
- The deadline for verification materials for the academic year is 30 days after the last day of classes. We recommend that you complete before the semester so you know your award status.
You can print a copy of the Verification form and Statement and Verification form below, or come in to the financial aid office.
Are you a Dependent Student or Independent student? Make sure you print the correct forms!
2013-2014 Verification Forms
- Dependent Verification Worksheet w/No Transcript (2013-2014)
- Dependent Verification Worksheet w/Transcript Required (2013-2014)
- Independent Verification Worksheet w/No Transcript (2013-2014)
- Independent Verifcation Worksheet w/Transcript Required (2013-2014)
- Dependent SNAP Verification Worksheet (2013-2014)
- Independent SNAP Verification Worksheet (2013-2014)
- Dependent Child Support Paid Worksheet (2013-2014)
- Independent Child Support Paid Worksheet (2013-2014)