General Contact Information
Baruch College, Financial Aid
One Bernard Baruch Way,
New York, NY 10010-5585
151 25th Street, Room #880
What is Verification?
A number of financial aid applicants, selected by both the federal government and Baruch College’s Financial Aid Office, may be required to document their household size, number in college, income, taxes paid, and assets. Students chosen for verification will not have their financial aid awards calculated until this process is completed and the information on the application is correct. Baruch College is required to refer all cases of suspected fraud to the U.S. Department of Education Office of the Inspector General.
- All requested documents that our office may ask for must be PHOTOCOPIES that our office can keep in your file.
- Common requested documents are Federal IRS tax return transcripts for student and parent(s), current bank account statements, proof of value if a business is owned, proof of value if rental real estate property is owned, any amount of investments. You may obtain an IRS Tax Return Transcript online (click here).
- All required documents must be submitted within two weeks of notification. It is preferred that documents be submitted via email by adhering to our Submitting Verification section below.
- The deadline for verification materials for the academic year is June 30th, 2016. We recommend that you complete before the semester so you know your award status.
You can print a copy of the Verification form below, or come in to the financial aid office.
2016-2017 Verification Forms and Other Documents
- To submit any 2016-2017 form, please click here.
2015-2016 Verification Forms and Other Documents
- Standard Verification Worksheet (2015-2016)
- Household Resources Verification Worksheet for Dependent Students (2015-2016)
- Household Resources Verification Worksheet for Independent Students (2015-2016)
- Low Income Form for Dependent Students (2015-2016)
- Low Income Form for Independent Students (2015-2016)
- Value Asset Form (2015-2016)
- Income Adjustment for Dependent Students (2015-2016)
- Income Adjustment for Independent Students (2015-2016)
- Dependency Status Appeal Form (2015-2016)
- Clarification of Marital Status for Dependent Students (2015-2016)
- Clarification of Marital Status for Independent Students (2015-2016)
Please scan and email us your verification forms by utilizing the bulleted list below. Please make sure all photocopies are legibly signed when necessary. Email your photocopies as .JPG or .PDF attachments. In the body of your email, include your full name as it appears on the FAFSA, and the last four digits of your social security number. Do not add to, or modify, the subject header of the email. Allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
- If your last name begins with a D, L, O, P, Y, click here to submit.
- If your last name begins with an A, C, E, W, Q, U, click here to submit.
- If your last name begins with a B, H, I, M, V, click here to submit.
- If your last name begins with a G, N, S, Z, X, click here to submit.
- If your last name begins with a F, J, K, R, T, click here to submit.
If you experience a problem utilizing the links for submission above, email your verification directly to email@example.com. Address the subject header as follows: Verification – Last Name, First Name.