General Contact Information
Baruch College, Financial Aid
One Bernard Baruch Way,
New York, NY 10010-5585
151 25th Street, Room #880
What is Verification?
A number of financial aid applicants, selected by both the federal government and Baruch College’s Financial Aid Office, may be required to document their household size, number in college, income, taxes paid, and assets. Students chosen for verification will not have their financial aid awards calculated until this process is completed and the information on the application is correct. Baruch College is required to refer all cases of suspected fraud to the U.S. Department of Education Office of the Inspector General.
- All requested documents that our office may ask for must be PHOTOCOPIES that our office can keep in your file.
- Common requested documents are Federal IRS tax return transcripts for student and parent(s), current bank account statements, proof of value if a business is owned, proof of value if rental real estate property is owned, any amount of investments. You may obtain an IRS Tax Return Transcript online (click here).
- All required documents must be submitted within two weeks of notification. It is preferred that documents be submitted via email by adhering to our Submitting Verification section below.
- The deadline for verification materials for the 2016-2017 academic year is June 30th, 2017. We recommend that you submit all requested documentation before the beginning of the academic year so you know your award status.
You can print a copy of the Verification form by utilizing the link below or by visiting the financial aid office.
2016-2017 Verification Forms and Other Documents
- To submit any of the following 2016-2017 forms, please click here:
- Dependent Verification Worksheet (V1, V4, V5, or V6)
- Independent Verification Worksheet (V1, V4, V5, or V6)
- Dependent Low Income Form
- Independent Low Income Form
- Value Asset Form
- Dependency Status Appeal
- Dependent Income Adjustment Request Form
- Independent Income Adjustment Request Form
- Unusual Enrollment History Form
- Proof of Citizenship Status
- Proof of Selective Service Registration
- Dependent Marital Status Clarification Form
- Independent Marital Status Clarification Form
Please make sure all photocopies are legibly signed when necessary. If you are having difficulty submitting your documents using the link above, you may email photocopies of them as .PDF attachments directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Address the subject header as follows: Verification – Last Name, First Name, Empl ID. Do not add to, or modify, the subject header of the email.
Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing.