Welcome to the Office of Financial Aid Services
Use this website as a resource for all things financial aid and go over our helpful checklist below.
Summer Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9:00AM - 6:00PM (June 23, 2014 through August 8, 2014)
*Counseling hours are not available on Thursday. Students may inquire with the front desk, as well as submit any documents requested by the Financial Aid Office.
We are located in the Newman Library Building on the 8th floor, you can find a map here.
Students are seen during counseling hours on a walk-in basis. No appointment is necessary.
Financial Aid Checklist:
- Assistance is available via live chat, e-mail, and telephone. También se les ofrecen servicios en Español. Be sure to use the IRS data retrieval tool to load your tax data directly to your FAFSA.
- You will need both the FAFSA and your PIN later on if you want to take out loans.
Checking Your Financial Aid Status:
- Log-on to your CUNY Portal account
- Click on Admissions/Financial Aid.
- Select "eFAP" option
- Select “Financial Aid” option
- Select “Select Aid Year” option
- Select the desired award year
- On "Application Status,” an “Errors” page will be linked if you have been selected for verification or if your verification is still pending; an “Awards” page will be linked if your FAFSA is valid and has been processed.
- For questions or concerns regarding Federal Direct Loans (Stafford Loans), click here.
- For questions or concerns regarding Federal Direct PLUS Loans, click here.
- For questions or concerns regarding Perkins Loans, click here.
- For questions or concerns regarding private loans, click here.
- For questions or concerns regarding the Pell program, click here.
- For questions or concerns, or to submit verification documents, click here.
- For questions or concerns regarding Federal Work Study, click here.
- For questions or concerns regarding scholarships, click here.
- For questions or concerns regarding the SEEK program, click here.
- For TAP, billing or payment inquiries, click here.
- For general financial aid concerns that do not meet any of the above criteria, click here.
Check out the pages in the left-side column for further information on specific programs. Use the following links below for information on scholarships and studying abroad.
- Student Eligibility
- Requirements for Federal Financial Aid
- Requirements for State Financial Aid
- Eligible Non-Citizens
- International Students
- Selective Service
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Drug Related Offenses and Aid Eligibility
- Grants and Scholarships
- Estimating College Costs
- Graduate Students
- Additional Information and Resources
- Enroll Now! - CUNY Scholar Support Prepaid Card, the fast, safe & easy way to receive your CUNY financial aid & work study payments.