Baruch College Faculty Senate
Blackboard Site - Archived Material
Minutes: Each month minutes are taken, a draft is posted to the blackboard site and then approved at the next subsequent meeting.
Agendas: Agendas contain the topic items to be discussed during each meeting. They are typically available one week before the schedule meeting. Agenda items may be suggested for consideration by speaking to the Chair of the Faculty Senate. The executive committee meets two weeks before each meeting to finalize items for the agenda.
Instructions for Joining the Blackboard Site
You can log onto the Faculty Senate site with 'guest' access. If you want to view the discussion forums, you must enroll onto the site. Please email Bill Ferns at email@example.com for the password.
From Baruch’s Blackboard page: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/bctc/blackboard/
- Click on link “Log Directly to Blackboard”
- You will be taken to the CUNY Portal where you need to provide your username and password.
- You will be directed to the pages of all CUNY campuses. Select “Baruch College” and “Faculty.”
- On this page, you should see all of the courses and organizations you are currently enrolled in.
- Click on the “Community” tab at the top of the screen.
- Search for the organization you want to join. Select either the type of organization you are looking for (academic program, graduate), or click on “Browse Organization Catalog.” You can search by its organization ID, or by keyword, “Baruch College Faculty Senate.”
- When you’ve located your organization, click on the “Enroll” button to the right of the name. You will be taken to the “Enrollment” screen. Enter the password you were given (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the password), and click “Submit.” This is the only time you will be required to enter the password. You will not need to enter it each time you access the organization. You will receive a receipt of your successful enrollment. Clicking “OK” will take you directly to the start page for the organization.
When you return to your “My Learning Net” page, your new organization will be listed under “My Organizations.”
Please contact the BCTC help desk if you have any problems with the enrollment process.