There have been procedural changes with the implementation of CUNYfirst Procurement. In order for Accounts Payable to pay an invoice against a Purchase Order in CUNYfirst, an authorized receiver of the goods or services must enter a receipt into the system.
In addition, a copy of the invoice with an “okay to pay,” authorized signature, date, purchase order number and CUNYfirst receipt number should be scanned into the system, and the original invoices with this information must be forwarded to Accounts Payable. At this time the NYS Office of the Comptroller requires that we keep an original copy of the invoice on file.
- Instructions for scanning receipts into the system are in a quick guide for your review here: http://cisweb.cuny.edu/cunyfirst/training/administrativestaff/financial/create-receipt-camtasia/create-a-receipt.html
- To create a receipt, click here.
- To inspect a receipt, click here.
- To cancel a receipt, click here.
Provided below are files that you can reference and download for using CUNYfirst procurement.
- CUNYfirst Category List - Use this list for identityfing the categories when entering a requsition
- FIN-PR001 State is a PDF which is a copy of the presentation that was covered during training. The PDF guide will walk you through entering, approving and managing your requisitions.
- Requisitions and Receipts FAQ is a PDF file which some commonly asked questions with answeres provided by CUNY central.
- Creating and Managing Requisitions is a Word file that is short handy guide for creating and managing requisitions.
- Instructions for Completing the CUNYfirst Procurement User Access Form
- CUNYfirst Business Procedure - Requisitions for Goods and Services ? Roles and Approvals
If you should require any assistance with receipts in procurement, please submit a request to the Baruch College helpdesk via e-mail at email@example.com and a service request will be created for follow-up.