Welcome, alumni, to the STARR Career Development Center. The SCDC partners with alumni in a variety of ways, described below.
Due to a significant increase in programming and student needs, the Starr Career Development Center will be suspending its scheduled individual Alumni Career Counseling Appointments as well as our Alumni Walk-in Hours as of Monday, March 10th. THIS CHANGE ONLY APPLIES TO ALUMNI WHO GRADUATED 6+ MONTHS AGO.
We understand that our alumni have career support needs and encourage you to utilize the following resources:
- The Starr Career Development Center's alumni career seminars (see below for the spring 2014 schedule)
- The Starr Career Development Center's Job Search Strategy workshop for alumni
- STARRsearch, Starr Career Development Center's jobs database – alumni have a free account for life. Call us (646.312.4670) if you do not have access or an account.
- The free career workshops offered through the Science, Industry and Business Library
- Free Job$mart workshops offered through Baruch College's office of Executives on Campus
- Attend/participate in events posted through the Starr Career Development Center's weekly alumni email (contact Jennifer.Rodgers@baruch.cuny.edu to join the email distribution)
A comprehensive list of alumni seminars is available here
, in PDF format.
If you are experiencing a career transition, we provide you with career support for a nominal fee including walk-in and one-one scheduled appointments, seminars
, assessments (i.e., career testing), the Starr Search
career management system to guide you through the process. Alumni should also maintain their connection to Baruch by participating in the activities of the Baruch College Alumni Relations Office
and the Baruch College Alumni Association
Baruch College has arranged for alumni to have a free lifetime membership
in The Five O'Clock Club, the national organization that helps people grow their careers or find new jobs.
Baruch College offers two mentoring opportunities for our alumni to give back to their alma mater and help the next generation of Baruch students succeed:
Online Mentor Program
- This is a web-based mentoring program which is administered through the Starr Career Development Center's online management program, Starr Search
, as well as our LinkedIn group
. Through email and/or phone contact, alumni can offer valuable guidance to current Baruch students on a variety of career-related topics including resume writing, networking and interviewing.
Executive Student Partnership Program
- This Program is a partnership between the Starr Career Development Center and Executives On Campus, where an executive (i.e., an alumnus/a) is paired up with a student with the purpose of creating a significant mentoring relationship throughout the academic year. Students must apply for the Program. The Executives On Campus Program assists students in their job search by providing mentors to offer guidance and support and to serve as role models.
If you do not have a Starr Search mentor username, please contact us at 646-312-4670 for further information on how to obtain one.
Online mentors are Baruch alumni and other professionals who have chosen to "give back" to Baruch by helping students with their professional development. Mentors volunteer their time to answer your career-related questions and to share their experiences with you. Depending on the mentor's preference and availability, s/he may support your professional development by conducting a resume review, a tour of their workplace, providing industry/career tips and advice, and more. The online mentor program is not an internship/job referral service. You can find Online Mentors in the "Networking" section of STARRsearch and through the Starr Career Development Center Online Mentor LinkedIn group. To join the LinkedIn Online Mentor group, please read and complete the following agreement
and email to address in the document.
Should your firm have recruiting/staffing needs
, the STARR Career Development Center is happy to help you identify Baruch talent through Starr Search.
Alumni Fee Schedule
Individual Counseling: $10.00
Alumni Career Seminars: $10.00
Vocational Testing: $60.00