- Provost James McCarthy Named as One of the Irish Education 100
- Dean David Birdsell Elected to NASPAA Executive Council
- Dean John Elliott Inducted Into Ph.D. Project Hall Of Fame
- Provost James McCarthy Co-Authors Piece for The Chronicle of Higher Education
- New England Journal of Medicine?Publishes Research Article by Prof. Ted Joyce
- NY Times Covers Environmental Sciences Prof. Munshi-South's Work on Urban Evolution
- Entrepreneurship Professor Thomas Lyons receives the 2011 Bradshaw Outstanding Research Award
- Catherine Kuo Accepted into CBRE's Wheel Program
- SPA Professor Dan Williams Wins Briloff Prize
- Dr. Stanton Biddle, administrative services librarian at Baruch College, has been named the 2010 honoree of the Achievement in Library Diversity Research by the American Library Association (ALA). Learn more about this honor.
- Michael B. Goodman, PhD, professor and director of the MA Program in Corporate Communication at Baruch College,
was invited by the dean of the School of International Studies at UIBE to present the keynote speech at the National Conference on Intercultural Business Communication, the first of its kind in China.
- Dr. Karen Lyness, professor of psychology at Baruch College and the head of the doctoral program in industrial/organizational psychology, was elected a Fellow in the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) this April.
- Ervand (Jed) Abrahamian, Distinguished Professor of History at Baruch College and the CUNY Graduate Center, has been named a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Professor Mitchell Cohen has been named a 2010-2011 Leon Levy Biography Fellow at the CUNY Graduate Center.
The professor also spent the month of January 2010 as a visiting Director of Studies with the prestigious Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sociales (The School of Advanced Studies in Social Sciences). Find out more about this honor.
- Professor Muzzio and his sometime co-author Thomas Halper, chairman of the Department of Political Science, will deliver a lecture at the 55th Annual Meeting of the British Association of American Studies.
Edward Rogoff, chairman of the Zicklin School’s Department of Management, has just been named a winner of the 2010 Axiom Business Book Awards.
- Bert Hansen, professor of history at Baruch College, has been selected as the recipient of the 2009 Ray and Pat Browne Award by the Popular Culture/American Culture Association. Learn more about this award.
- James A. (Jack) Krauskopf, distinguished lecturer and director of the Center for Nonprofit Strategy and Management at Baruch College’s School of Public Affairs, was appointed to a pivotal government working group to recruit and interview candidates for the position of deputy comptroller for contracts and procurement for New York City. Learn more about this appointment.
- Professor Edward Rogoff, Chair of the Management Department at Baruch College, was named the 2010 Outstanding Entrepreneurship Educator of the Year by The United States Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE). Find out more about the USASBE award.
- David Gruber, assistant professor of biology and environmental science at Baruch College and the Graduate Center, spent last summer exploring the mysteries of deep coral reefs in the Caribbean and Red Seas. His work is part of a larger effort to protect and conserve coral reefs, which are highly endangered. Learn more about his work.
- Robert A. Schwartz, the Marvin M. Speiser Professor of Finance and University Distinguished Professor of Finance at the Zicklin School of Business, is the recipient of the first World Federation of Exchanges (WFE) Award for Excellence. More info on the WFE Award
- The department of Statistics and Computer Information Systems (SCIS) at Baruch College has been ranked 24th out of 100 schools internationally for having SCIS professors’ research papers published in the top three journals of the information systems field. More info
on the SCIS ranking
- Walter Wang, Lecturer in the Weissman School’s Department of Mathematics, has been honored with the 2009 CUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Mathematics Instruction. More info
on the 2009 CUNY Chancellor's Award
- Professors Chester Zarnoch and Timothy Hoellein were chosen for the National Science Foundation Grant for environmental research. More info on the National Science Foundation grant
- Baruch College Provost James McCarthy was named one of the 100 most influential Irish educators in the nation. Learn more about this honor.