Skip to content


Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Tuition and Fee Payments


Can I pay my tuition bill with credit or debit card?

No, credit and debit card payments can only be made utilizing the University's Nelnet payment plan. 


I am a student at Baruch, how do I pay online?

Logon to the CUNYfirst system and go to the Student Center.  Go fo Finances and select Pay My Bill.


Can I still pay online if I forgot my CUNY portal username and password?

No.  If you have forgotten your CUNY portal password, click on the “Forgot your password?” link on the CUNYfirst login page, and enter your username where indicated.  If it matches an existing account, CUNY will send a new password to your registered e-mail address.  If you have forgotten your CUNY portal username, you must contact the BCTC help desk at 646-312-1010.


Can someone else pay for me?

Yes, you must give the person access to your account.

Will I get a receipt in the mail?

No, you will not receive a receipt in the mail. Your receipt will be e-mailed to the address provided when payment is made. You can view your account on CUNYFirst.


I have registered for classes but have not received a bill. Can I pay online?

Yes, students can pay online after they register, as long as the payment is made on or before their due date.


What are my payment options?

  • Pay by electronic check online. Logon on to your account, go to Finances and select Pay My Bill.  Then select Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Enter your bank routing and checking or savings numbers. Once you send your transaction, it will be processed by the University’s online payment processor. Your   payment will be reflected on your CUNYfirst account immediately. If we do not receive the electronic payment, a Bursar stop and a $20 processing fee will be added to your account.  Note: only checking or savings accounts can be used.
  • Pay by mail.  Mail your check or money order to Baruch College, Bursar Office, One Bernard Baruch Way, Room H-810, New York, NY, 10010.  Allow at least 10 days for delivery by mail.
  • Pay in person by cash, check or money order at the Bursar  Office, 151 East 25th Street, Room 810.
  • Pay your bill by making a monthly payment through the Nelnet plan.  Enrolling in a payment plan provides you and your family the option of paying tuition and fee charges over a period of up to six months.  An enrollment fee applies.

How do I get a Federal Loan?

Matriculated U.S. citizens and eligible noncitizens (green card, refugee or asylum granted) who are in good academic standing and enrolled for at least 6 credits may apply for federal loans.  Prior to submitting a loan application you must file the Federal Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA). Both the link needed to apply for the PIN needed to sign the FAFSA electronically and the link to the application are available in the Financial Aid section of Baruch's website.  Once the FAFSA has been processed, you will need to complete Direct Loan entrance counseling, a Direct Loan application and an electronic master promissory note.  You may complete and submit the entrance counseling and electronic Direct Loan application through your CUNY portal account or by coming in to the Financial Aid Office.  You may access the electronic promissory note through the Financial Aid section of Baruch's website by clicking on "Borrowing Money, Loans".  You will use the same PIN that you used to sign the FAFSA to sign the entrance counseling and master promissory note. 


How do I sign up for the Nelnet payment plan?

Login to CUNYfirst self service and go to your Student Center.  Select Finances, then Enroll/Manage Payment Plan.



 back to top