Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Help For Students with Password Problems for Non-Portal Accounts (Baruch Username)
All Baruch students have a default password which is assigned to them at the beginning of the first semester. Your password allows you to use your Baruch Username to access Baruch College systems that include Wireless & Computer Lab Log ins, Office365 e-mail, Printing, DegreeWorks and Locker Rentals.
If you just registered, your Baruch Username may not have been created yet. Please try again the first week of classes.
If you do not know or remember your password, or if it does not seem to be working, try these tips in the order they appear below:
Try your birthday in YYMmmDD + Last 4 of SSN format where "YY" is the last two numbers of the year, "Mmm" is the month and "DD" the day. For example, the birth date July 1, 1975 would translate to a default password format of "75Jul01" + the last 4 of your SSN. As another example, December 15, 1950 would translate to "50Dec15"+ the last 4 of your SSN.
All Social Security codes and passwords contain no dashes or letters, so be sure to avoid typing in the letter "O" when you need to enter a zero.
About Your Password - Change/Reset
- By default, the Baruch Username password is your your birthday in format YYMmmDD + Last 4 of SSN.
- If you have forgotten your password and contact the BCTC Helpdesk for technical assistance, they reset your password to your date of birth in the following sequence, YYMmmDD + Last 4 of SSN. This password reset will effect your access to wireless, computers on campus, Student Degree Audit, Printing, Newman Library Remote Access, locker rental and Office365 e-mail systems as well.
- If you would like to change your password from the default to another password, you may go to the Help Desk in person and change your password. You may also login to a student PC on campus, press Control+Alt+Delete and select "Change a password.."
If none of the preceding steps work, you can reset your password by going to the Computing and Technology Help Desk on the 6th floor of the Library building at 151 East 25th St. Bring your CUNY Baruch ID card.
- NEVER share your account with others, and never use anyone else’s account which is a violation of the College's CUNY Computer User Responsibilities Policy .
- ALWAYS log off a computer when you leave - even if you leave for a short time to do something else.
- CHANGE your default password. Please contact the Help Desk to obtain information on how to change your password.