Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Help For Students with PIN/password problems for NON-Portal accounts (Baruch Username)
All Baruch students have a “PIN” number which is assigned to them at the beginning of the first semester. Your "PIN" is a personal identification number, a password which allows you to use your Baruch user name to access Baruch College systems that include Live@Baruch e-mail, Printing, Degree Works, Locker Rental and Wireless & Computer Lab Log ins.
If you just registered, your Baruch Username may not have been created yet. Please try again the first week of classes.
If you do not know or remember your PIN, or if it does not seem to be working, try these tips in the order they appear below:
Try your birthday in YYMMDD format where "YY" is the last two numbers of the year, "MM" is the month and "DD" the day. For example, the birth date July 1, 1975 would translate to a PIN format of "750701", and December 15, 1950 would translate to "501215".
All Social Security codes and PINs are numbers only; they contain no dashes or letters, so be sure to avoid typing in the letter "O" when you need to enter a zero.
About Your Password - Change/Reset
- By default, the Baruch Username password is your registration PIN which may be your birthday in format YYMMDD.
- If you have forgotten your password and contact the BCTC Helpdesk for technical assistance, they reset your password to your date of birth in the following sequence, YYMMDD. This password reset will go into effect for the Student Degree Audit, Pharos printing system, Newman Library Remote Access, wireless network, locker rental and Live@Baruch e-mail systems as well.
- If you would like to change your password from your date of birth in the format of YYMMDD to another password, you may go to the HelpDesk in person and change your password.
If none of the preceding steps work, you can obtain your PIN by going to the Computing and Technology Help Desk on the 6th floor of the Library building at 151 East 25th St. Bring your CUNY ID card.
- NEVER share your account with others, and never use anyone else’s account which is a violation of the College's CUNY Computer User Responsibilities Policy .
- ALWAYS log off a computer when you leave - even if you leave for a short time to do something else.
- CHANGE your default password. Please contact the Help Desk to obtain information on how to change your password.