Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Full Time Administrative Staff and Faculty at Baruch College are eligible for a free personal copy of Microsoft Office through the CUNY eMALL. This free copy is for use on personally-owned computers and should not be installed on any Baruch-owned equipment. Read below for more instructions on how to access your copy of Microsoft Office 2016.
Where to Download Office 2016:
Faculty and staff are entitled to one free copy of Office 2016 for use on a home computer or laptop that is not owned by the college. Follow the steps below to download your personal copy of Office 2016.
NOTE: Ensure that your computer meets the system requirements before downloading Office 2016. Do not download Office 2016 from the CUNY eMALL for use on your office computer at Baruch.
- Log into the CUNY portal at http://www.cuny.edu
- Select “CUNY eMALL” located below the banner
- Select “Software”
- Select “Microsoft Software”
- Select “Start Shopping”
- Select “Microsoft Office 2016”
- Select "Add To Cart"
- Select "Check Out" to begin the download process
- After checking out, you will be taken to a page where your order receipt and product key are displayed. Store your product key in a safe place
- On the order receipt page, click the "Start Download" button. The "Download Instructions" page will appear
- Click the "Download SDM" button. The SDM will begin downloading
- When the SDM has finished downloading, double-click the file and follow the on-screen prompts to install it
- Click the "Download .SDX" button on the "Download Instructions" page. If the SDM does not launch automatically once the .SDX has been downloaded, find and double-click the .SDX file to launch it manually
- Click the "Start Download" button next to each item on your order that you wish to download
NOTE: For more details about the SDM, click the question mark icon on the "Download Instructions" page or the "Need Help?" button in the SDM window.