Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Software Downloads Available for Faculty and Staff
Baruch College offers a variety of software for use both on campus computers and personal computers. These software applications include Microsoft Office, Adobe's application suite, and others. Please read below for additional information on each.
Baruch Campus Workstations
Each Baruch-issued workstation comes with a variety of software applications pre-installed, including Microsoft Office, multiple web browsers, Adobe Acrobat Professional and Skype. These are commonly used software applications that allow a large percentage of staff and faculty to complete their necessary work.
If you require additional software, you can submit a request to the BCTC Technology Help Desk to have a specific program installed.. Only software that is licensed by the college can be installed on campus computers. If the college does not have licensing, you may be required to purchase the software after consultation with BCTC.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite - Powerful design software by Adobe, such as Acrobat, Professional, Illustrator and Premiere (includes home-use).
- Mathematica - Computational software used by most STEM departments.
- Matlab - A high performance language typically used by Math and other computation-dependent departments.
- Microsoft Office - Free for Faculty and Staff (includes home-use).
- SPSS - Statistical analysis software available throughout campus.
- User Download Portal - Self-service software downloads for the Baruch Community provided by the Technology Help Desk.
- iOS App for Baruch College (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)