Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
General Tips and Policies
We ask that you take a moment to read through the tips below and help us maintain a successful, functional environment for all those that utilize our learning spaces here at Baruch.
- Please make sure know have your Network Username and Password. You will need this in order to log into the computer. This is the same account you would use for accessing your office PC or Baruch email.
- Always remember to log out of the classroom computer upon completion of your class.
- If you find equipment missing or damaged, please report it to the Help Desk immediately.
- Please refrain from moving the audio/visual equipment in classrooms. If you find the equipment needs to be moved or there is an issue with the location, please contact the Help Desk. Moving the equipment can damage the cabling, equipment and more importantly, cause a risk/injury to yourself.
- Make sure you turn off all lights and secure the classroom upon your departure.
Classrooms with TV Carts
- If your room requires a key in order to unlock the equipment (TV Cart), please obtain a key from the Library Circulation Desk. You will need your ID card when requesting keys.
- Please return the wireless keyboard and mouse to the cabinet making sure to plug the mini USB cable into the wireless keyboard. This will ensure it is fully charged for the next class.
- Please secure and lock the audio visual cabinet prior to leaving the room.
Smart Classrooms with Projectors
- Upon completing your class, please make sure you log off the PC and turn off the projector/power down the system.
- We continue to improve your instructional experience here at Baruch. If you need assistance with using the touchscreens for these spaces, please view our web pages and guides with detailed instructions at http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/bctc/electronicclassrooms/
Your assistance is key in minimizing damage and thefts to our equipment by helping us maintain our learning spaces throughout their use. We continually do spot checks and your aid in securing equipment prior to leaving a classroom helps us immensely. We ask that you follow the tips listed above in order to maintain a fully functional working environment for everyone who uses our learning spaces at Baruch.
We are continually working towards improving the technology you use for instruction at the college. If there are items that will aid your use of instructional technology in any of our learning spaces, please let us know. Also, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you should find yourself needing technical assistance while in the classroom, please call the Help Desk at 646-312-1010 or (if you are on campus) at extension 1010. You may also e-mail the Help Desk during non-emergency times at firstname.lastname@example.org.