Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Adding Content to iTunes U
Instructors can submit private content by requesting the setup of an iTunes U site via the Control Panel in their Blackboard course by logging in through the CUNY portal.
The college provides a standard consent form for recording and publishing content to the Baruch public iTunes U site. Click here to download a PDF copy of the consent form. A consent must be obtained for all persons speaking in front of the camera, including students, with the exception of CUNY employees before posting to the Baruch public iTunes U site.
For tips on creating content view Apple's Creating Content for iPod + iTunes guide.
Supported Media Formats
Video files (MPEG-4 with H.264 compression) with appropriate file extensions (.mp4, .m4v, .mov). For best results with iPod, Apple recommends using MPEG-4 with H.264 compression with the following specifications:
- Video Format: MPEG-4 with H.264
- Data Rate: Up to 1.5 Mbps
- Image Size: 640 x 480 pixels
- Frame Rate: 30 frames per second
- Key Frame: Every 24 frames
- Audio Tracks: Baseline Low-Complexity Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps
Audio files (AAC, MP3) with appropriate file extensions (.m4a, .mp3). For best results during playback, Apple recommends converting MP3 files greater than 32 megabytes (MB) to AAC format. For AAC audio files, Apple recommends the following specifications:
- Audio Format: Baseline Low-Complexity Profile with AAC-LC (Music)
- Data Rate: Up to 160 Kbps
- Channels: Stereo in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov formats
- Output Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- Encoding Quality: Better
Contributing Individual Files for Academic Private Sites
Instructors should contact us directly for detailed instructions on uploading individual files to their private academic sites. For quick answers to common questions, instructors may view Apple's iTunes U support site.