Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Introduction to NetSupport:
Computer Monitoring Software for Control of Student Lab Computers
NetSupport is a computer monitoring program that faculty can use to control the student interface experience in our computing lab facilities at Baruch College. The program allows for controlling the student-experience during instructor demonstrations and exams, quickly distributing a set of files to each student computer, interactive learning and more.
In particular, from the instructor station of a lab, faculty members can perform the following:
- Watch, share or control each student?s screen, keyboard and mouse
- Block student use, either temporarily or permanently, of applications, functions, websites, webpages, etc.
- Transfer and manipulate files between workstations using the ?drag and drop? feature
- View more than one student screen at a time as ?thumbnails? on the instructor screen
- Launch an application, video, PowerPoint, etc. on one, many or all student workstations
- Display a selected student?s screen to other students
- ?Push out? the instructor screen to selected or all student screens
- ?Blank out? all student screens temporarily so that the student focus is exclusively on the instructor
NetSupport is a powerful application, which is capable of performing many other functions than those listed above.