Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Blackboard 9.1 Service Pack 13 Upgrade Preparation
CUNY Executive Vice Chancellor Alexandra Logue has announced a university-wide upgrade to Blackboard that will introduce new features and functionality into the learning management system.?We believe that these new features will positively impact the experience of teaching and learning in Blackboard.
Preparations for this roll out have begun and will continue over the next few months. The actual upgrade to Blackboard will begin on December 26th, 2013 and is expected to be completed on December 28th, 2013. Unfortunately, the system will be unavailable during this time. This means our Blackboard Admin will be unable to access any course content at this time as well.
To prepare for the scheduled outage, it is recommended that Faculty download a copy of their Blackboard Grade Center if this is needed for grading purposes.
Please click here for the Grade Center Download Instructions PDF.
Doing this in advance of the outage will allow you to view Blackboard course grades outside of the Blackboard environment during the outage. This will allow you to calculate and enter your grades into Webgrade during this time. Please be advised that any changes made to the downloaded copy of the Grade Center will not affect the grades in Blackboard itself.? Therefore, if you wish to continue working with the Fall 2013 Blackboard Grade Center after the upgrade, any changes you made to the downloaded copy will need to be applied again in the Blackboard environment manually after the upgrade.
User Guides and Videos for Blackboard 9.1 Service Pack 13
• New Features of Blackboard 9.1 Service Pack 13 (PDF - 8 pages)
• The New Discussion Board (Video - 1:08 minutes)
• Changing Your Email Address in Blackboard (PDF - 1 page)
• Making Course Available (PDF - 1 page)
• Copying Course Materials (URL)
• Adding a Student/Faculty/Staff to your Course (PDF - 4 pages)
• Adding an Item (PDF - 3 pages)
• Creating an Assignment (PDF - 4 pages)
• Inline Grading for Assignments (Video - 2:47 minutes)
• Sending an Email (Video - 2:08 minutes)
• Creating an Announcement (Video - 2:39 minutes)
• Calendar Tool (Video - 3:12 minutes)
• Global Navigation (Video - 3:40 minutes)
• Content Editor (Video - 4:00 minutes)
For more user guides and videos please follow the link below and click on "Blackboard Enhanced":