Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Help Desk Alerts
- Telephone Service Interruption - South Campus 4/24/14
UPDATE: Service has been restored..
Users at the South Campus are experiencing problems making and receiving telephone calls from inside/outside the South Campus. Internal calls within the entire campus are working. Please be advised that the vendor and College are working together to quickly resolve the problem.
Updated 2:15pm 4/25/14
- Blackboard Notification: Schedule Maintenance
On Friday, April 25, 2014 from 2:00 A.M. to 6:00 A.M Blackboard Managed Hosting (BMH) will be performing maintenance on CUNY’s Blackboard database.
Service interruptions are not expected as a result of this maintenance.
Updated 8:13pm 4/24/14
- Security Alert - OpenSSL - Heartbleed - 4/11/2014
The press has reported a serious flaw in OpenSSL, a common technology used to support secure communication via the web. The flaw, known as Heartbleed, could be exploited to read encrypted information such as passwords. As soon as the news about Heartbleed was available, the Baruch Computing & Technology Center assessed the College’s local systems and found only one service that was vulnerable; it was remedied immediately. We have contacted the vendors of our hosted services and all have reported that our service was either not vulnerable to the threat or the threat has been addressed. We have reached out to system administrators in the schools and administrative departments to identify any use of hosted services that we may not know about.
Members of the Baruch community should be cautious about e-mail messages that they may receive to re-set accounts during the next few weeks. It is likely that individuals will try to exploit the publicity around Heartbleed to get users to divulge their passwords or other private information under the guise of addressing the problem. Please remember that the College will never ask you for your password via e-mail. If you receive a request that seems to come from the College and asks for personal information, please report it to the helpdesk (x1010). Although we are not forcing password changes on Baruch accounts, please feel free to change your password as one safeguard.
- Blackboard Notifications – Unintended Email Alerts – 4/4/14
There are reports of Notifications being sent by Blackboard to the community after a recent upgrade. Our team is aware of the issue and working with CUNY and our hosting provider on a solution. Click here for a temporary fix.
Updated 8:13am 4/24/2014
- New Wireless Service for Students - January 28, 2014
- VMAP Service Offering for Students
- BaruchMail Service Upgrade - October 25, 2013
- TimeWarner Cable Service Update - September 5, 2013
- Student e-mail upgrade to Office 365 - July 5, 2013
- NetConnect VPN Service will be discontinued on May 31, 2013
- Policy on Support for Microsoft Windows 8
- Baruch College's iOS app in the App Store (Updated)
- CUNY First News
- Mathematica - Licensing Information
- Textbook Reporting System
- Status of Campus WiFi Upgrade
- Blackboard Support
- Access Your Class Roster
- Green IT Initiatives
- Student Wireless Printing From Personal Laptops
- State of New York Power Down Policy
- SPSS version 20 now available
- Forgot your CUNY Portal Username or Password - CLICK HERE!
- New CUNY Emergency Alert System
- Microsoft Software up to 75% Off for Baruch Faculty, Staff and Students
- CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources
- Faculty/Staff Password requirements - myPassword
- Protect Your Computer! Download a FREE Copy of McAfee VirusScan
- Policy on P2P File Sharing (e.g., BitTorrent & LimeWire)
- Guest Access to Baruch College Network
- Policy on Installation of Wireless Access Points
- Using Facebook & Other Social Networking Sites
- Security Awareness Program
Teaching with Technology
Spring Semester Hours
Search for Support