Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Exporting and Importing Course Content in Blackboard
Return to Blackboard log in page
Faculty may export the old course to their personal computer and load the archive as a package to any new courses. To do this:
From the old course:
- Enter the old course. Select the Control Panel. Click on Export Course.
- Select all the areas of the course you would like to copy (do not copy enrollments).
- Follow the instructions to save the .zip (WinZip archive) file on your local computer (remember the location you have saved the archive file to on your personal computer)
In the destination course:
- Enter the course you want to import course content into.
- Select the course Control Panel.
- In the Course Options, click Import Package.
- 'Select a Package' - Browse to the location on your desktop or storage device where your zipped course file is backed up.
- Select the area(s) you want to import.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Return to the Course area. Click on the Refresh button in the Course Menu and/or log back into the system to see your uploaded course.
- At times, imported content does not copy exactly - in this case, rename your Course Menu sections as needed.