Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
About Your Baruch Username
You will use your Baruch Username for:
- Campus Computer & Wireless Access
- Newman Library Remote Access
- DegreeWorks (Student Degree Audit)
- Locker Reservation System
Official College Mail including Registration & final grade notifications
|BaruchMail (Office365) Address:||FirstName.LastName@Baruchmail.Cuny.Edu|
- Your accounts may not be ready until the week classes begin
- You cannot change your Baruch Username.
- By default, the Baruch Username password is in the following format:
yyMmmdd of your DOB + Last 4 of SSN
-The year (yy) are the last two numbers of your birth year.
-The month (Mmm) are the first three letters of your birth month, with the first letter capitalized.
-The day (dd) are two numbers of your birth date.
For example, if you were born on January 1st, 1990 and your SSN was XXX-XX-1234, your default password would be:
**Alternative Default Password for Students with Enrollment Prior to Summer 2013**
The default account password for students with enrollment prior to Summer 2013 may be your birthday in the format YYMMDD.
- If you have forgotten your password and contact the BCTC Helpdesk for technical assistance, they reset your password to your date of birth in the following sequence, YYMmmDD+Last 4 of SSN. This password reset will effect access to all the items listed above, including the Student Degree Audit, student printing system, Newman Library Remote Access, wireless network, locker rental and Office365 e-mail systems as well.
- If you would like to change your password from your date of birth in the format of YYMmmDD+Last 4 of SSN to another password, you should utilize our new myPassword service:
You may also login to a student PC on campus, press Control+Alt+Delete and select "Change a password.."
Security of Your Baruch Username Account
- NEVER share your account with others, and never use anyone else’s account which is a violation of the College's CUNY Computer User Responsibilities Policy .
- ALWAYS log off a computer when you leave - even if you leave for a short time to do something else.
- CHANGE your default password. You can do this conveniently using out myPassword service:
You can also find password security "best practices" on the myPassword site by clicking HERE: